IBL players` auction postponed again but this time on request
New Delhi: The much-anticipated players` auction of the Indian Badminton League (IBL) has been postponed to July 22 after team owners requested for a two-day workshop to prepare for the bidding.
The auction was originally set for June 30 here but later re-scheduled for Friday.
"As few of the franchisee have requested for a two-day workshop ahead of the IBL Auction, the IBL Governing Council has accepted their requests. Hence, the IBL Franchisee Meet will now take place in New Delhi on July 21, followed by the IBL Players Auction on July 22," commercial partner for the IBL, Sporty Solutionz said in a release.
All the six teams, in the inaugural edition, have been bought. The USD one million prize money tournament will be held from August 14-31 at various venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray