IBL players` auction postponed again but this time on request
New Delhi: The much-anticipated players` auction of the Indian Badminton League (IBL) has been postponed to July 22 after team owners requested for a two-day workshop to prepare for the bidding.
The auction was originally set for June 30 here but later re-scheduled for Friday.
"As few of the franchisee have requested for a two-day workshop ahead of the IBL Auction, the IBL Governing Council has accepted their requests. Hence, the IBL Franchisee Meet will now take place in New Delhi on July 21, followed by the IBL Players Auction on July 22," commercial partner for the IBL, Sporty Solutionz said in a release.
All the six teams, in the inaugural edition, have been bought. The USD one million prize money tournament will be held from August 14-31 at various venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe