IBSF Snooker: Chandra, Pillai, Sanchis qualify
Daugapils (Latvia): Manan Chandra, along with fellow-Indians Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis, entered the knock-out phase of the ongoing IBSF World snooker championships here. The trio joined Varsha Sanjeev who had qualified on Tuesday.
In his concluding league match, Chandra defeated Francisco Rodriguez (Spain) 4-0 to top his six-player group with five wins, his only loss coming against Andreas Ploner (Austria) who won 4-3.
Sanchis, the 23-year old from Pune, lost her final league match to China`s Chunxia Shi 0-3, but finished second in her group with five wins. Shi topped with an all-win record. In her previous outing, Sanchis had beaten Manon Melief of the Netherlands 3-0.
National champion Pillai, who is still to play her last league match, has already qualified with five wins from as many outings to top her Group. She is scheduled to meet Malta`s Roberta Cutajar later tonight in a match of no consequence.
Meanwhile, Neena Praveen defeated Jana Mitova of Bulgaria 3-0 for her fourth win in six matches, but she finished third in her group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone