IBSF Snooker: Chandra, Pillai, Sanchis qualify
Daugapils (Latvia): Manan Chandra, along with fellow-Indians Vidya Pillai and Arantxa Sanchis, entered the knock-out phase of the ongoing IBSF World snooker championships here. The trio joined Varsha Sanjeev who had qualified on Tuesday.
In his concluding league match, Chandra defeated Francisco Rodriguez (Spain) 4-0 to top his six-player group with five wins, his only loss coming against Andreas Ploner (Austria) who won 4-3.
Sanchis, the 23-year old from Pune, lost her final league match to China`s Chunxia Shi 0-3, but finished second in her group with five wins. Shi topped with an all-win record. In her previous outing, Sanchis had beaten Manon Melief of the Netherlands 3-0.
National champion Pillai, who is still to play her last league match, has already qualified with five wins from as many outings to top her Group. She is scheduled to meet Malta`s Roberta Cutajar later tonight in a match of no consequence.
Meanwhile, Neena Praveen defeated Jana Mitova of Bulgaria 3-0 for her fourth win in six matches, but she finished third in her group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- IPL 9, Eliminator: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Players to watch out for
- Microsoft to trim smartphone business, plans to cut 1,850 jobs
- Film on 1983 World Cup win to give insights from dressing room
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma's 'Sultan' trailer leaves fans spellbound; earns 3 mn views in one day!
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Iris with 'iris recognition' launched in India at Rs 13,999