If I feel like coming back, I could: Phelps
Sao Paulo: Retired swimming legend Michael Phelps has left open the possibility of competing at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
The 18-time gold medal winner earlier this year ruled out a come back but he suggested a possible change of plans during a promotional visit to Brazil Wednesday, reported Xinhua.
"I don`t know what`s gonna happen in three years. I don`t even know what is gonna happen tomorrow," Phelps told reporters.
"I`ve said 100 times if I feel like coming back...I could. But I`m not saying I am going to," he said.
Phelps` coach Bob Bowman raised speculation of the star`s possible return last month by confirming the 28-year-old signed up for drug testing in May, allowing him to compete as early as March.
Phelps is the most successful Olympian in the history with 22 medals. He retired last year after winning four gold medals and two silvers at the London Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir