IHF name Trinamool MP K D Singh as new president
New Delhi: Trinamool MP K D Singh was on Monday elevated to the post of president of the Indian Hockey Federation after incumbent Dinesh Reddy opted to resign from the position.
The decision to elevate Singh to the top post was taken at a special executive council meeting of IHF here today.
Reddy, Andhra Pradesh`s Director General of Police, cited paucity of time as the reason behind his resignation from the president`s post.
"The main agenda of today`s meeting was to name a replacement for Reddy who expressed his inability of continue in the post due to paucity of time," IHF secretary general Ashok Mathur told PTI.
"Reddy expressed his inability to spare time for IHF activities because of his busy schedule. So we had to select somebody and we have decide to elevate K D Singh to the president`s post," he added.
Singh, an MP from Jharkhand, was the vice-president of IHF. He is the founder of the Alchemist Group, a 10,000-crore group with 11 companies and 9,800 employees across the country.
Incidentally, Alchemist was the sponsor of the just-concluded Federation Cup hockey tournament organised by the IHF.
Meanwhile, the IHF also announced the probable dates of Under-15 Sub-Junior National for girls and Under-17 Sub-Junior National for boys.
While the Sub-Junior girls tournament will be held in Fatehgarh Sahib district in Punjab from September 14-22, the Under-17 boys event will be hosted by Bhatinda sometime in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi