I’ll do a Cantona and quit in style: Haye
London: British boxer David Haye has vowed to quit at the top before his 31st birthday. The WBA world champion says he has been hugely inspired by Eric Cantona’s decision to hang up his Manchester United boots in 1997, when he was 30.
The champion,who’ll turn 31 this October, will attempt to unify the heavyweight division against Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg on July 2 and does not want his legacy tarnished by fighting beyond his peak.
A magazine quoted Haye, as saying: "You``ve got to leave fans wanting more. I like the way Eric Cantona went out - on top. Cantona went out on his terms, I love people who go out that way and not because doctors are saying you can``t box or managers say you are no longer a good footballer or have failed a physical.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police