I’ll do a Cantona and quit in style: Haye
London: British boxer David Haye has vowed to quit at the top before his 31st birthday. The WBA world champion says he has been hugely inspired by Eric Cantona’s decision to hang up his Manchester United boots in 1997, when he was 30.
The champion,who’ll turn 31 this October, will attempt to unify the heavyweight division against Wladimir Klitschko in Hamburg on July 2 and does not want his legacy tarnished by fighting beyond his peak.
A magazine quoted Haye, as saying: "You``ve got to leave fans wanting more. I like the way Eric Cantona went out - on top. Cantona went out on his terms, I love people who go out that way and not because doctors are saying you can``t box or managers say you are no longer a good footballer or have failed a physical.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Students can fly cheap on GoAir; carry up to 25 kg of baggage!
- 'Sultan' is Salman Khan's best performance: Randeep Hooda
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Summer skincare: Pamper your skin with these natural ingredients!
- Bihar road rage case: Accused Teni Yadav's bail plea rejected