India A squad for Australia tour to be picked tomorrow
Mumbai: Robin Uthappa and Manish Pandey, who had a stellar run at the Ranji Trophy this season, along with other fringe players are expected to find a berth in the India A squad which will be picked here tomorrow for the tour of Australia in July-August.
Uthappa, who excelled for Kolkata Knight Riders in its triumphant run in IPL7, has already been rewarded with his inclusion in the squad to tour Bangladesh to play three ODIs later this month.
Also expected to be picked by the senior panel headed by Sandeep Patil are some others who will tour Bangladesh but are not part of the squad selected for the five-Test series against England that follows immediately.
The list includes Manoj Tiwary, Kedar Jadhav, Parvez Rasool, Akshar Patel, R Vinay Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Mohit Sharma and Amit Mishra.
India A are scheduled to play two four-day games against Australia A -- both in Queensland -- and also participate in a limited-overs quadrangular series, featuring South Africa A, Australia A, and Cricket Australia`s National Performance squad, said a media release from the Cricket Board.
The tour, from July 6 to August 2, is part of an exchange programme that has been initiated by BCCI along with Cricket Australia and Cricket South Africa to provide increased exposure to upcoming players and provide them the opportunity to familiarise themselves with and compete in overseas conditions.
Match schedule: July 6-9 v Aus A at Allan Border Field, Queensland; July 13-16 v Aus A at Allan Border Field, Queensland; July 20-Aug 2: Quadrangular `ODI` series in Northern Territory (Marrara Oval and Gardens Oval).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users