India add 3 silver, 1 bronze at Asian Jr. Weightlifting
New Delhi: Gold continued to elude India but the country`s weightlifters added three silver and a bronze medal to their tally on the second day of the 20th Women`s and 27th Men`s Asian Junior Championships in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
The Indian medal tally now stands at eight silver (five from men and three from women) and seven bronze (two from men and five from women).
On the second day of the competition, Vikas Thakur won a couple of silver medals (in clean and jerk and overall) and a bronze (in snatch) in the 85kg division. His total lift was 322kg (142+180).
Neeraj Sharma bagged the snatch silver in this category with a lift of 150kg.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof