India announce junior team for Sultan of Johar Cup
New Delhi: Midfielder Manpreet Singh will lead an 18-member Indian junior hockey team in the third Sultan of Johar Cup to be played at Johor Bahru, Malaysia from September 22 to 29.
Hockey India Selectors B P Govinda, Syed Ali, Dr R P Singh and coaches Gregg Clark and Baljeet Singh Saini alongwith Government Observer Harbinder Singh selected the players with nine standbys during the trials held at Major Dhyanchand National Stadium here on August 28 and 29.
Forward Affan Yousef has been named vice-captain of the team.
Before departing for Malaysia, the team will have a preparatory camp at Major Dhyanchand National Stadium from September 7 to 17.
The six-nation tournament will feature Argentina, England, India, Korea, Malaysia and Pakistan. India finished runners-up in the previous edition of the tournament last year.
Goalkeepers: Harjot Singh, Sushant Tirkey.
Defenders: Amit Rohidas, Jarmanpreet Singh, Kothajit Singh, Surender Kumar, Sukhmanjit Singh, Pardeep Mor.
Midfielders: Manpreet Singh (Captain), Prabhdeep Singh, Harjit Singh, Satbir Singh, Imran Khan.
Forwards: Mandeep Singh, Amon Mirash Tirkey, Mohammad Amir Khan, Talwinder Singh, Affan Yousef (Vice-Captain)
Standbys: Jagdeep Dayal (Goalkeeper), Dipsan Tirkey (Defender), Gurmail Singh (Defender), Stanli Minz (Midfielder), Lalit Upadhayay (Midfielder), S K Uthappa (Midfielder), P L Thimmanna (Forward), Ramandeep Singh (Forward), Malak Singh (Forward).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state