India beat Australia 2-0
New Delhi: India registered a superb 2-0 victory over Australia in their opening game of the second Sultan of Johar Cup in Malaysia on Sunday.
Sukhmanjit Singh and Amon Mirash Tirkey scored the goals for India.
After a goalless first half, India started the second half on a higher tempo.
They scored their first goal through a penalty corner convertion by Sukhmanjit in the 49th minute.
Australia then tried hard to score an equaliser but the Indian goalkeeper, Sushant Tirkey, who was awarded the man of the match, denied any chance to the opponent.
Indian forward Amon Mirash Tirkey made it 2-0 with well taken penalty corner a minute from the match.
India will next take on Germany in their second match on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH