India camp probables for Bombay Gold Cup hockey
Mumbai: The 48th edition of the Bombay Gold Cup hockey tournament, revived after four years, has got a boost with the decision of Hockey India to release national campers for the 3rd Asian Champions Trophy to take part in the event scheduled here from October 20-27.
"Hockey India has decided to release the India players from the camp for the Asian championship in Japan to take part in the tournament," said Mumbai Hockey Association Ltd (MHAL) Secretary Ram Singh Rathor at a media conference on Thursday.
The Asian Champions Trophy for men and women is to be held at Kakamigahara, Japan, from November 1-10.
The Gold Cup will see eight outstation teams, including holders Army XI, and top four Super League teams being divided into four pools of three each with the toppers of each pool advancing to the semi-finals on October 26.
Army XI, Air India, Indian Oil, Bharat Petroleum, Punjab and Sind Bank, SAIL, Hockey Bhopal and Punjab National Bank are the outstation teams which will take part along with local league champions Western Railway, Indian Navy, Central Railway and Union Bank of India.
According to Rathor, invitation had been sent to Indian Overseas Bank but they declined to take part due to prior commitments.
The organisers MHAL have not decided on the prize money as they are awaiting a final word from three sponsors whom they have approached, said Treasurer Bal Govind Chokhani.
"We have firm commitments from Bank of India, Union Bank and Bank of Baroda and are awaiting replies from Canara Bank, Punjab and Sind Bank and Dena Bank before deciding on the prize money schedule," he said.
Air India would clash with Navy to kick off the tournament on Sunday.
Pool A: Army XI, Hockey Bhopal, Western Railway.
Pool B: Air India, Punjab and Sind Bank, Indian Navy
Pool C: Indian Oil, Punjab National Bank, Central Railway
Pool D: Bharat Petroleum, SAIL, Union Bank of India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh