India cancels hockey series with Pakistan
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: India`s Foreign Ministry has called off the upcoming India-Pakistan hockey series that was scheduled to take place next month.
Pakistan's hockey team was to tour India in a five match series, the first such tour between the two countries in 7 years. But recent events along the Indo-Pak border have led to further strain in the relationship between the two countries and this series is the latest casualty in the skirmish.
Pakistan's tour was supposed to involve matches in Ranchi, Lucknow, Delhi, Mohali and Jalandhar between April 5-15 and India was then supposed to tour Pakistan later in the month from April 23. While the first tour has definitely been cancelled by India's Foreign Ministry, India's tour of Pakistan will also, most probably, be cancelled.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city