India clinch 2 medals in South Asian Triathlon Championship
New Delhi: India won two medals, including one Gold in the South Asian Triathlon Championship held at Pokhara, Nepal.
According to information received, Pooja Chaurishi bagged the yellow metal in the women`s sprint event, which included swimming, cycling and running.
Apart from Pooja, Madhurjya Bora claimed a silver medal in the men`s sprint event.
Indian Triathlon Federation secretary general Rakesh Gupta praised the performance of the athletes and said the championship was a good exposure trip for the athletes.
Elaborating on the sprint event, he said it included 750 meters of swimming, 20km cycling (road and trail mix route on mountains), and 5km running (hills and road).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents