India clinch 2 medals in South Asian Triathlon Championship
New Delhi: India won two medals, including one Gold in the South Asian Triathlon Championship held at Pokhara, Nepal.
According to information received, Pooja Chaurishi bagged the yellow metal in the women`s sprint event, which included swimming, cycling and running.
Apart from Pooja, Madhurjya Bora claimed a silver medal in the men`s sprint event.
Indian Triathlon Federation secretary general Rakesh Gupta praised the performance of the athletes and said the championship was a good exposure trip for the athletes.
Elaborating on the sprint event, he said it included 750 meters of swimming, 20km cycling (road and trail mix route on mountains), and 5km running (hills and road).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May