India clinch 2 medals in South Asian Triathlon Championship
New Delhi: India won two medals, including one Gold in the South Asian Triathlon Championship held at Pokhara, Nepal.
According to information received, Pooja Chaurishi bagged the yellow metal in the women`s sprint event, which included swimming, cycling and running.
Apart from Pooja, Madhurjya Bora claimed a silver medal in the men`s sprint event.
Indian Triathlon Federation secretary general Rakesh Gupta praised the performance of the athletes and said the championship was a good exposure trip for the athletes.
Elaborating on the sprint event, he said it included 750 meters of swimming, 20km cycling (road and trail mix route on mountains), and 5km running (hills and road).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Triple treble: How Usain Bolt stormed to another set of gold medals at Rio Olympics – VIDEO
- Two reward-carrying women Naxals arrested; another surrenders
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside