India clinch 2 medals in South Asian Triathlon Championship
New Delhi: India won two medals, including one Gold in the South Asian Triathlon Championship held at Pokhara, Nepal.
According to information received, Pooja Chaurishi bagged the yellow metal in the women`s sprint event, which included swimming, cycling and running.
Apart from Pooja, Madhurjya Bora claimed a silver medal in the men`s sprint event.
Indian Triathlon Federation secretary general Rakesh Gupta praised the performance of the athletes and said the championship was a good exposure trip for the athletes.
Elaborating on the sprint event, he said it included 750 meters of swimming, 20km cycling (road and trail mix route on mountains), and 5km running (hills and road).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered