India clinch 2 medals in South Asian Triathlon Championship
New Delhi: India won two medals, including one Gold in the South Asian Triathlon Championship held at Pokhara, Nepal.
According to information received, Pooja Chaurishi bagged the yellow metal in the women`s sprint event, which included swimming, cycling and running.
Apart from Pooja, Madhurjya Bora claimed a silver medal in the men`s sprint event.
Indian Triathlon Federation secretary general Rakesh Gupta praised the performance of the athletes and said the championship was a good exposure trip for the athletes.
Elaborating on the sprint event, he said it included 750 meters of swimming, 20km cycling (road and trail mix route on mountains), and 5km running (hills and road).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people