India ends World Archery Championships without any medal
New Delhi: The Indian archery team ended their campaign in the World Championships empty-handed without any medal after the compound mixed team lost to United States in the bronze medal play-off at Belek, Turkey today.
The Indian pair of Jyothi Surekha Vennam and Abhishek Verma lost 151:156 to the American duo of Jesse Broadwater and Erika Jones.
This is the worst ever performance by Indian archers in any World Championships.
Earlier, both the men`s and women`s compound teams lost in the pre-quarterfinals yesterday.
The men`s compound trio of Rajat Chauhan, Sandeep Kumar and Abhishek Verma, who were seeded 13th, were no match to their fourth seeded opponents from France and lost 176:188 in the pre-quarterfinals at the Papillon Sports Center.
In the women`s compound team event, Trisha Deba, Jhano Hansdah and Jyothi Surekha Vennam lost to world`s top-ranked side, United States of America 156:172 in the pre-quarters.
India`s campaign in the individual events had ended on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row