India ends World Archery Championships without any medal
New Delhi: The Indian archery team ended their campaign in the World Championships empty-handed without any medal after the compound mixed team lost to United States in the bronze medal play-off at Belek, Turkey today.
The Indian pair of Jyothi Surekha Vennam and Abhishek Verma lost 151:156 to the American duo of Jesse Broadwater and Erika Jones.
This is the worst ever performance by Indian archers in any World Championships.
Earlier, both the men`s and women`s compound teams lost in the pre-quarterfinals yesterday.
The men`s compound trio of Rajat Chauhan, Sandeep Kumar and Abhishek Verma, who were seeded 13th, were no match to their fourth seeded opponents from France and lost 176:188 in the pre-quarterfinals at the Papillon Sports Center.
In the women`s compound team event, Trisha Deba, Jhano Hansdah and Jyothi Surekha Vennam lost to world`s top-ranked side, United States of America 156:172 in the pre-quarters.
India`s campaign in the individual events had ended on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Nationalism is BJP's identity, our sole aim is nation-building: PM Modi
- WATCH: PRODIGY! This 11-year-old from Odisha slum will now train at Bayern Munich
- WATCH: What is PV Sindhu's equation with Saina Nehwal? Her reply will surprise you
- Iraq executions carried out without proper trial, fuelled by vengeance: UN