India ends World Archery Championships without any medal
New Delhi: The Indian archery team ended their campaign in the World Championships empty-handed without any medal after the compound mixed team lost to United States in the bronze medal play-off at Belek, Turkey today.
The Indian pair of Jyothi Surekha Vennam and Abhishek Verma lost 151:156 to the American duo of Jesse Broadwater and Erika Jones.
This is the worst ever performance by Indian archers in any World Championships.
Earlier, both the men`s and women`s compound teams lost in the pre-quarterfinals yesterday.
The men`s compound trio of Rajat Chauhan, Sandeep Kumar and Abhishek Verma, who were seeded 13th, were no match to their fourth seeded opponents from France and lost 176:188 in the pre-quarterfinals at the Papillon Sports Center.
In the women`s compound team event, Trisha Deba, Jhano Hansdah and Jyothi Surekha Vennam lost to world`s top-ranked side, United States of America 156:172 in the pre-quarters.
India`s campaign in the individual events had ended on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune