India ends World Archery Championships without any medal
New Delhi: The Indian archery team ended their campaign in the World Championships empty-handed without any medal after the compound mixed team lost to United States in the bronze medal play-off at Belek, Turkey today.
The Indian pair of Jyothi Surekha Vennam and Abhishek Verma lost 151:156 to the American duo of Jesse Broadwater and Erika Jones.
This is the worst ever performance by Indian archers in any World Championships.
Earlier, both the men`s and women`s compound teams lost in the pre-quarterfinals yesterday.
The men`s compound trio of Rajat Chauhan, Sandeep Kumar and Abhishek Verma, who were seeded 13th, were no match to their fourth seeded opponents from France and lost 176:188 in the pre-quarterfinals at the Papillon Sports Center.
In the women`s compound team event, Trisha Deba, Jhano Hansdah and Jyothi Surekha Vennam lost to world`s top-ranked side, United States of America 156:172 in the pre-quarters.
India`s campaign in the individual events had ended on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top