India ends World Archery Championships without any medal
New Delhi: The Indian archery team ended their campaign in the World Championships empty-handed without any medal after the compound mixed team lost to United States in the bronze medal play-off at Belek, Turkey today.
The Indian pair of Jyothi Surekha Vennam and Abhishek Verma lost 151:156 to the American duo of Jesse Broadwater and Erika Jones.
This is the worst ever performance by Indian archers in any World Championships.
Earlier, both the men`s and women`s compound teams lost in the pre-quarterfinals yesterday.
The men`s compound trio of Rajat Chauhan, Sandeep Kumar and Abhishek Verma, who were seeded 13th, were no match to their fourth seeded opponents from France and lost 176:188 in the pre-quarterfinals at the Papillon Sports Center.
In the women`s compound team event, Trisha Deba, Jhano Hansdah and Jyothi Surekha Vennam lost to world`s top-ranked side, United States of America 156:172 in the pre-quarters.
India`s campaign in the individual events had ended on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh