India get past Hong Kong China in women`s squash
Nimes (France): India outclassed Hong Kong China 2-0 in a playoff match here and will take on Ireland in the 5-6 classification tie in the WSF Women`s World Team squash championship.
Dipika Pallikal overcame Annie Au 11-5, 11-8, 5-11, 9-11, 11-5 in 53 minutes to put India in front and then Anaka Alankamony defeated Tong Tsz-Wing 11-5, 11-7, 11-9 in 40 minutes to give her team an unbeatable lead Friday.
The third singles was not played.
India next take on Ireland who got past New Zealand 2-1 in a match that lasted more than two hours.
Meanwhile, top seeds England eliminated Malaysia 2-1 to set up a title clash with No.2 Egypt who brushed aside Australia 3-0 in the semi-finals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj