India go down to Germany in World Squash
Mulhouse (France): India went down fighting to Germany 0-2 in the 5-8 positions play-off that lasted nearly three hours in the men’s WSF World Team Squash Championship here.
In the first singles Friday, Saurav Ghosal squandered a 2-1 lead and went down in five games to Simon Rosner in 91 minutes.
Raphael Kandra too was taken to five games but overcame a fighting Harinder Pal Sandhu.
5th-8th place play-offs: 6-Germany beat 8-India 2-0: Simon Rosner bt Saurav Ghosal 3-11, 11-8, 10-12, 11-8, 11-7 (91 min); Raphael Kandra bt Harinder Pal Sandhu 11-9, 14-12, 5-11, 3-11, 12-10 (84 min).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit vote adds to uncertainty over global economy, impact won't be seen soon
- Brexit shock triggers race to salvage EU
- Brexit may make UK real estate cheaper for Indian buyers
- Rolls-Royce introduces Dawn convertible in India at Rs 6.25 crore
- BJP, Shiv Sena invoke Bollywood baddies to abuse each other