India go down to Germany in World Squash
Mulhouse (France): India went down fighting to Germany 0-2 in the 5-8 positions play-off that lasted nearly three hours in the men’s WSF World Team Squash Championship here.
In the first singles Friday, Saurav Ghosal squandered a 2-1 lead and went down in five games to Simon Rosner in 91 minutes.
Raphael Kandra too was taken to five games but overcame a fighting Harinder Pal Sandhu.
5th-8th place play-offs: 6-Germany beat 8-India 2-0: Simon Rosner bt Saurav Ghosal 3-11, 11-8, 10-12, 11-8, 11-7 (91 min); Raphael Kandra bt Harinder Pal Sandhu 11-9, 14-12, 5-11, 3-11, 12-10 (84 min).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube