India humiliate Oman 11-0, register 3rd win in ACT
Doha: A dominant India humiliated minnows Oman 11-0 to register their third consecutive win in the second Asian Champions Trophy hockey tournament here on Sunday.
SV Sunil (3rd and 44th minute), Dharamvir Singh (8th minute and 56th minute), VR Raghunath (30th and 38th minute penalty corner) and Rupinder Pal Singh (33rd and 43rd minute penalty corner) scored a brace each for India while Akashdeep Singh (53rd minute penalty corner), Harbir Singh (65th minute penalty corner) and Danish Mujtaba (67th minute) were the other goal getters for the defending champions.
India controlled the match from start to finish and took an early lead in the third minute when Sunil scored after receiving a direct pass from Rupinder. Dharamvir then doubled the lead five minutes later.
Raghunath continued his goal-scoring spree and converted a penalty corner in the 30th minute before Rupinder Pal scored a field goal three minutes later as India went into the breather with a confortable 4-0 lead.
The script was no different after the change of ends as India continued to press hard for more goal against a hapless Oman defence.
India`s attacking hockey was too hot for Oman to handle as the Sardar Singh-led side scored seven more goal from the sticks of Sunil, Dharamvir, Raghunath, Rupinder Pal, Akashdeep, Harbir and Danish in the second half.
India will next play arch-rivals Pakistan on Monday.
India had defeated China 4-0 and Japan 3-1 in their opening two matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow