India junior paddlers shine at El Salvador Cadet TT
New Delhi: India`s junior paddlers shone bright at the El Salvador Junior and Cadet Open Table Tennis championships by winning both the cadet boys and cadet girls team titles.
After their gold medal winning performances at the Guatemala events, the Indian paddlers travelled to the neighbouring El Salvador to begin their campaign against teams lime Argentina, Mexico, Puerto Rico and Ecuador.
Keeping their top billing intact, India A and India B teams in both the cadet boys and cadet girls sections proved to be a cut above the rest in fray.
The A squad, comprising Anirban Ghosh and Birdie Boro, defeated India B, which consisted of Arjun Ghosh and Lalrin Puia, 3-0 to claim the team title.
In the cadet girls section, the India A girls -- Sagarika Mukherjee and Harsha Vardhini Ravichandran -- downed India B team, comprising Aishwarya Pathak and Moumita Dutta, 3-0 in the final.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today