India lose 0-2 against China in Asian Men CT hockey
New Delhi: A young Indian side went down 0-2 against China in their opening match of the third Asian Men Champions Trophy hockey tournament at Kakamigahara, Japan.
The Indian team, made up mainly of junior players, let in two second half goals -- in the 50th and 55th minutes -- to begin their campaign on a losing note at Gifu-ken Green Stadium.
The Manpreet Singh-led India play hosts Japan tomorrow.
India had picked 13 juniors in their squad of 18 in view of the Junior World Cup to be held here next month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city