India lose to Iran in Asian Basketball
Manila: Title-favourites Iran continued to assert their dominance at the 27th Asian Men`s Basketball Championship defeating India 102-58 here on Monday.
Hamed Afagh led five Iran players in double-figures with 16 points. Samad Nikkhah Bahrami and former NBA centre Hamed Haddadi posted 15 and 12 points, respectively.
The two-time Asian champion scored 14 triples, which is their best performance in the tournament.
Vishesh Bhriguvanshi led the Indian team with 15 points.
The opening victory in the second round gave Iran the leading place in Group F, which also has China, South Korea, Bahrain and Kazakhstan.
Iran will continue with its campaign against Bahrain, while India will battle defending champion China on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what