India lose to Iran in Asian Basketball
Manila: Title-favourites Iran continued to assert their dominance at the 27th Asian Men`s Basketball Championship defeating India 102-58 here on Monday.
Hamed Afagh led five Iran players in double-figures with 16 points. Samad Nikkhah Bahrami and former NBA centre Hamed Haddadi posted 15 and 12 points, respectively.
The two-time Asian champion scored 14 triples, which is their best performance in the tournament.
Vishesh Bhriguvanshi led the Indian team with 15 points.
The opening victory in the second round gave Iran the leading place in Group F, which also has China, South Korea, Bahrain and Kazakhstan.
Iran will continue with its campaign against Bahrain, while India will battle defending champion China on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16