India lose to Iran in Asian Basketball
Manila: Title-favourites Iran continued to assert their dominance at the 27th Asian Men`s Basketball Championship defeating India 102-58 here on Monday.
Hamed Afagh led five Iran players in double-figures with 16 points. Samad Nikkhah Bahrami and former NBA centre Hamed Haddadi posted 15 and 12 points, respectively.
The two-time Asian champion scored 14 triples, which is their best performance in the tournament.
Vishesh Bhriguvanshi led the Indian team with 15 points.
The opening victory in the second round gave Iran the leading place in Group F, which also has China, South Korea, Bahrain and Kazakhstan.
Iran will continue with its campaign against Bahrain, while India will battle defending champion China on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price