India lose to Malaysia 4-5 in Asian Champions Trophy
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Oman: Indian hockey team lost their last round robin match to Malaysia 4-5 in the 2012 Asian Champions Trophy on Wednesday and will now draw swords with arch-rival Pakistan in the final on Thursday in Doha, Qatar.
This is the first defeat in the current tournament for the defending champions. In other match, Pakistan beat Japan 5-2.
Malaysia needed to win by a big margin of four goals or more to make it to the final of the event.
Indian team began their campaign in style thrashing China 4-0 in their first match of the tournament. They beat Japan 3-1 in their second match before steamrolling Oman 11-0. They defeated Pakistan 2-1 on Monday to book a final berth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok