India names squad for 20th Asian athletics meet
New Delhi: Krishna Poonia, Tintu Luka and Vikas Gowda were some of the well-known athletes in the 110-member (57 men and 53 women) squad that will represent India in the upcoming 20th Asian Championships, to be held in Pune from July 3 to 7.
Besides, there will be Preeja Sreedharan, O P Jaisha, Mayooka Johny who will be seern in action at the Balewadi Sports Complex.
In the men`s 100-metre event, Renjith K G, Anirudh Kalidas Gujjar, M Vijay Kumar, Manikandan, Krishan Kumar Rane and Sameer Mon will seek to represent India.
While in the women`s section of the same event, India will have Asha Roy, Merlin K Joseph, Sharadha Narayanan, Sini S, Srabani Nanda and Bhagyashree Shirke.
Renjith Maheshwari will feature for the hosts in the triple jump event.
Vikas Gowda along with two other Indians -- Arjun Singh and Vikas Poonia -- will be seen in action in discus throw.
Sprint queen P T Usha`s protege, Luka will compete in her pet event -- 88-metre.
Sreedharan and Jaisha will be part of action in three events -- 1500-metre, 5000-metre and 10000-metre.
Mayookha Johny will compete in long jump along with Prajusha M A and Neena V. Mayookha will also be part of the triple jump event.
Krishna Poonia will compete in the discus throw event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV