India paddlers off to impressive start in Jr Indian Open
Dehra Dun: Indian paddlers started their ONGC-Global Junior Indian Open table tennis campaign on a promising note as both the boys as well as girls team moved into the second round of the competition without much difficulty on Wednesday.
Barring Chinese Taipei, the Indian boys as well as girls did not face much resistence from any other nation, topping their respective groups.
It could well be all-India affair in the boys as well as the girls sections, but for that to happen both India B boys and India A girls teams will have to overcome Chinese Taipei sides on Thursday.
Meanwhile, in the cadet girls section, India are just a match away from winning the gold medal.
Results (Team championship):
Junior boys: Group A: India `A` bt Chinese Taipei 3-0, India `A` bt Sri Lanka 3-0.
Group B: India `B` bt Thailand 3-0, India `B` bt Bangladesh 3-0, Thailand bt Nepal 3-0, Nepal bt Bangladesh 3-2.
Junior girls: Group A: India `A` bt Thailand 3-0; India `A` bt Sri Lanka 3-0.
Group B: India `B` bt Chinese Taipei 3-2, Chinese Taipei bt Bangladesh 3-0, India `B` bt Nepal 3-0, Nepal bt Bangladesh 3-1.
Cadet boys: League: India `A` bt Sri Lanka 3-0, India `B` bt Bangladesh 3-0, India `B` bt Sri Lanka 3-0, Nepal bt Bangladesh 3-0.
Cadet girls: League: India `A` bt India `B` 3-2, India `A` bt Nepal 3-0, India `B` bt Sri Lanka 3-0, Sri Lanka bt Nepal 3-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened