India-Pakistan final at Asia Cup kabaddi
Lahore: Arch-rivals India and Pakistan will face-off in the final of the second Asia Cup Kabaddi Tournament here Monday.
The neighbours qualified for the final here Sunday night, reports Xinhua.
In the first semi-final at the Punjab Sports Stadium, Pakistan thrashed Sri Lanka 46-26 while India defeated a stronger Iran 53-35 in the other semi-final.
Pakistan captain Musharraf Javed said his team would dominate India in the final to lift the trophy.
"No doubt Indian side is very strong but we have also worked hard and we are mentally and physically prepared for this important contest," Javed told the local media.
Six teams participated in the tournament and four top teams, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Iran, qualified for the semi-finals.
The losers of the semi-finals, Sri Lanka and Iran, will play for the third position Monday evening before the Pakistan-India final game.
In another match Sunday night, Afghanistan won its match against Nepal 3-32 to finish fifth.
Organisers have allocated a cash prize of Rs.1.5 million (USD 15,790) for the winner while the runners-up and the third-placed team will get USD 10,526 and USD 5,263.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi