India-Pakistan final at Asia Cup kabaddi
Lahore: Arch-rivals India and Pakistan will face-off in the final of the second Asia Cup Kabaddi Tournament here Monday.
The neighbours qualified for the final here Sunday night, reports Xinhua.
In the first semi-final at the Punjab Sports Stadium, Pakistan thrashed Sri Lanka 46-26 while India defeated a stronger Iran 53-35 in the other semi-final.
Pakistan captain Musharraf Javed said his team would dominate India in the final to lift the trophy.
"No doubt Indian side is very strong but we have also worked hard and we are mentally and physically prepared for this important contest," Javed told the local media.
Six teams participated in the tournament and four top teams, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Iran, qualified for the semi-finals.
The losers of the semi-finals, Sri Lanka and Iran, will play for the third position Monday evening before the Pakistan-India final game.
In another match Sunday night, Afghanistan won its match against Nepal 3-32 to finish fifth.
Organisers have allocated a cash prize of Rs.1.5 million (USD 15,790) for the winner while the runners-up and the third-placed team will get USD 10,526 and USD 5,263.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Top 5 signs that your boyfriend is too controlling!
- Attack on CRPF convoy a desperate attempt to create problems: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- 'Udta Punjab' Box Office collection: Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt starrer crosses Rs 50 crore mark!
- 30 dead, 21 injured after bus catches fire in central China
- Revealed! Why 'Baahubali' didn’t feature a Bollywood star-cast!