India-Pakistan final at Asia Cup kabaddi
Lahore: Arch-rivals India and Pakistan will face-off in the final of the second Asia Cup Kabaddi Tournament here Monday.
The neighbours qualified for the final here Sunday night, reports Xinhua.
In the first semi-final at the Punjab Sports Stadium, Pakistan thrashed Sri Lanka 46-26 while India defeated a stronger Iran 53-35 in the other semi-final.
Pakistan captain Musharraf Javed said his team would dominate India in the final to lift the trophy.
"No doubt Indian side is very strong but we have also worked hard and we are mentally and physically prepared for this important contest," Javed told the local media.
Six teams participated in the tournament and four top teams, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Iran, qualified for the semi-finals.
The losers of the semi-finals, Sri Lanka and Iran, will play for the third position Monday evening before the Pakistan-India final game.
In another match Sunday night, Afghanistan won its match against Nepal 3-32 to finish fifth.
Organisers have allocated a cash prize of Rs.1.5 million (USD 15,790) for the winner while the runners-up and the third-placed team will get USD 10,526 and USD 5,263.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah