India-Pakistan final at Asia Cup kabaddi
Lahore: Arch-rivals India and Pakistan will face-off in the final of the second Asia Cup Kabaddi Tournament here Monday.
The neighbours qualified for the final here Sunday night, reports Xinhua.
In the first semi-final at the Punjab Sports Stadium, Pakistan thrashed Sri Lanka 46-26 while India defeated a stronger Iran 53-35 in the other semi-final.
Pakistan captain Musharraf Javed said his team would dominate India in the final to lift the trophy.
"No doubt Indian side is very strong but we have also worked hard and we are mentally and physically prepared for this important contest," Javed told the local media.
Six teams participated in the tournament and four top teams, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka and Iran, qualified for the semi-finals.
The losers of the semi-finals, Sri Lanka and Iran, will play for the third position Monday evening before the Pakistan-India final game.
In another match Sunday night, Afghanistan won its match against Nepal 3-32 to finish fifth.
Organisers have allocated a cash prize of Rs.1.5 million (USD 15,790) for the winner while the runners-up and the third-placed team will get USD 10,526 and USD 5,263.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre