India, Pakistan to jointly organise 5th World Cup Kabaddi
Ludhiana: India and Pakistan will jointly host the next edition of the World Cup Kabaddi to foster goodwill, brotherhood and friendship between the two nations, it was announced here Saturday.
Punjab chief minister Parkash Singh Badal expressed hope that the game of Kabaddi will play an important role in strengthening the ties between the two neighbours in general and both the East and West Punjab in particular.
Responding to Badal`s vision, his counterpart in West (Pakistan) Punjab Shahbaz Sharif announced to hold the fifth edition of World Cup Kabaddi jointly and matches would be held in Lahore and Ludhiana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan