India play 3-3 draw against Dutch club
New Delhi: The Indian team put up a tough fight in its second build-up game of the Europe Tour as it played out a 3-3 draw against Dutch side HGC Hockey Club at The Netherlands.
The tour is in preparation for the FIH Men`s World Cup 2014, scheduled to be held at The Hague, Netherlands from May 31 to June 15, 2014.
HGC Hockey Club scored the opener in the 6th minute and doubled the lead in the 24th to go 2-0 into half-time yesterday.
The Indian side fought back remarkably in the second half as it restricted HGC Hockey Club from doing any further damage.
Drag-flicker Rupinder Pal Singh then converted a penalty corner in the 50th minute, shortly followed by a field goal in the 56th minute through Nikkin Thimmaiah.
V R Raghunath`s successful penalty corner in the 63rd minute swept away the lead form HGC Hockey Club by 3-2.
The final strike came in from HGC Hockey Club in the 64th minute, which leveled the scores at 3-3 till time.
India`s defence and goalkeeper P R Sreejesh proved their ability to be at par, as HGC Hockey Club got 10 penalty corner opportunities out of which they managed to convert just two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves