India play 3-3 draw against Dutch club
New Delhi: The Indian team put up a tough fight in its second build-up game of the Europe Tour as it played out a 3-3 draw against Dutch side HGC Hockey Club at The Netherlands.
The tour is in preparation for the FIH Men`s World Cup 2014, scheduled to be held at The Hague, Netherlands from May 31 to June 15, 2014.
HGC Hockey Club scored the opener in the 6th minute and doubled the lead in the 24th to go 2-0 into half-time yesterday.
The Indian side fought back remarkably in the second half as it restricted HGC Hockey Club from doing any further damage.
Drag-flicker Rupinder Pal Singh then converted a penalty corner in the 50th minute, shortly followed by a field goal in the 56th minute through Nikkin Thimmaiah.
V R Raghunath`s successful penalty corner in the 63rd minute swept away the lead form HGC Hockey Club by 3-2.
The final strike came in from HGC Hockey Club in the 64th minute, which leveled the scores at 3-3 till time.
India`s defence and goalkeeper P R Sreejesh proved their ability to be at par, as HGC Hockey Club got 10 penalty corner opportunities out of which they managed to convert just two.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa