India`s junior shooters shine
New Delhi: India`s junior shooters have showed their mettle by winning an impressive tally of 15 medals, including three gold, in two international tournaments respectively over the last 17 days.
At the International Junior Competition in Suhl, Germany from Jun 2-9, the Indian shooters won two gold medals, one silver and five bronze.
They young shooters followed that up with one gold, five silver and a bronze medal at the Meeting of Shooting Hopes tournament in Plzen, Czech Republic from Jun 13 to 16.
Overall, the junior shooters won three gold, six silver and six bronze medals.
Malaika Goel won the individual gold medal during the Meeting of Shooting Hopes meet after bagging a bronze in the air pistol event in Suhl.
Sumedh Kumar Devlalivala won a silver medal in men`s 50-metre event at Plzen.
Mampi Das won a silver in women`s air rifle event at Meeting of Shooting Hopes.
Manpreet Singh won a bronze medal in men`s 25-metre pistol event at Suhl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love