India`s junior shooters shine
New Delhi: India`s junior shooters have showed their mettle by winning an impressive tally of 15 medals, including three gold, in two international tournaments respectively over the last 17 days.
At the International Junior Competition in Suhl, Germany from Jun 2-9, the Indian shooters won two gold medals, one silver and five bronze.
They young shooters followed that up with one gold, five silver and a bronze medal at the Meeting of Shooting Hopes tournament in Plzen, Czech Republic from Jun 13 to 16.
Overall, the junior shooters won three gold, six silver and six bronze medals.
Malaika Goel won the individual gold medal during the Meeting of Shooting Hopes meet after bagging a bronze in the air pistol event in Suhl.
Sumedh Kumar Devlalivala won a silver medal in men`s 50-metre event at Plzen.
Mampi Das won a silver in women`s air rifle event at Meeting of Shooting Hopes.
Manpreet Singh won a bronze medal in men`s 25-metre pistol event at Suhl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez