India`s junior shooters shine
New Delhi: India`s junior shooters have showed their mettle by winning an impressive tally of 15 medals, including three gold, in two international tournaments respectively over the last 17 days.
At the International Junior Competition in Suhl, Germany from Jun 2-9, the Indian shooters won two gold medals, one silver and five bronze.
They young shooters followed that up with one gold, five silver and a bronze medal at the Meeting of Shooting Hopes tournament in Plzen, Czech Republic from Jun 13 to 16.
Overall, the junior shooters won three gold, six silver and six bronze medals.
Malaika Goel won the individual gold medal during the Meeting of Shooting Hopes meet after bagging a bronze in the air pistol event in Suhl.
Sumedh Kumar Devlalivala won a silver medal in men`s 50-metre event at Plzen.
Mampi Das won a silver in women`s air rifle event at Meeting of Shooting Hopes.
Manpreet Singh won a bronze medal in men`s 25-metre pistol event at Suhl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'