India`s trap shooters fail to advance to next stage
Al Ain: Indian shooters failed to qualify for the semifinals of the men`s trap event in the ISSF Shotgun World Cup after all of them figured outside the top-6, with Mansher Singh finishing 10th in the qualifiers, here on Thursday.
After his impressive display yesterday, Mansher could manage 24 24 23 to add to his first day`s scores of 25 25, which gave him a total of 121.
Italy`s Giovanni Pellielo fired in a world record equalling 125 over five rounds to top the qualifying in the year`s second shotgun world cup.
Manavjit Singh Sandhu, with a total of 118, finished 25th, while Zoravar Singh Sandhu was further down at the 29th position with a score of 118.
The top-6 shooters advance to the second stage of the tournament, which is the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today