India`s trap shooters fail to advance to next stage
Al Ain: Indian shooters failed to qualify for the semifinals of the men`s trap event in the ISSF Shotgun World Cup after all of them figured outside the top-6, with Mansher Singh finishing 10th in the qualifiers, here on Thursday.
After his impressive display yesterday, Mansher could manage 24 24 23 to add to his first day`s scores of 25 25, which gave him a total of 121.
Italy`s Giovanni Pellielo fired in a world record equalling 125 over five rounds to top the qualifying in the year`s second shotgun world cup.
Manavjit Singh Sandhu, with a total of 118, finished 25th, while Zoravar Singh Sandhu was further down at the 29th position with a score of 118.
The top-6 shooters advance to the second stage of the tournament, which is the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today