India`s trap shooters fail to advance to next stage
Al Ain: Indian shooters failed to qualify for the semifinals of the men`s trap event in the ISSF Shotgun World Cup after all of them figured outside the top-6, with Mansher Singh finishing 10th in the qualifiers, here on Thursday.
After his impressive display yesterday, Mansher could manage 24 24 23 to add to his first day`s scores of 25 25, which gave him a total of 121.
Italy`s Giovanni Pellielo fired in a world record equalling 125 over five rounds to top the qualifying in the year`s second shotgun world cup.
Manavjit Singh Sandhu, with a total of 118, finished 25th, while Zoravar Singh Sandhu was further down at the 29th position with a score of 118.
The top-6 shooters advance to the second stage of the tournament, which is the semifinals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy