India`s unbeaten run continues, drew 3-3 against Malaysia
Johor Bahru (Malaysia): Already through to the summit clash of the second Sultan of Johar Cup hockey tournament, India ended their league campaign on an unbeaten note by playing out a 3-3 draw against hosts Malaysia at the Taman Daya Stadium here today.
India took the lead in the 19th minute through a brilliant effort from Akashdeep Singh, who slipped the ball past Malaysia custodian Mohd Hafizuddin Othman.
Gagandeep Singh then converted a penalty corner in the 25th minute to put India 2-0 ahead.
Malaysia, however, reduced the margin three minutes later through a field goal from Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim to go into the breather trailing India 1-2.
But the hosts levelled the scores in the 45th minute through Firhan Ashaari.
Gurmail Singh`s brilliant effort in the 58th minute restored India`s, only to see Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim scoring the equaliser just a minute from the hooter.
India had already qualified for final of the tournament scheduled for tomorrow after defeating New Zealand 3-1 in their last league encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics