India`s unbeaten run continues, drew 3-3 against Malaysia
Johor Bahru (Malaysia): Already through to the summit clash of the second Sultan of Johar Cup hockey tournament, India ended their league campaign on an unbeaten note by playing out a 3-3 draw against hosts Malaysia at the Taman Daya Stadium here today.
India took the lead in the 19th minute through a brilliant effort from Akashdeep Singh, who slipped the ball past Malaysia custodian Mohd Hafizuddin Othman.
Gagandeep Singh then converted a penalty corner in the 25th minute to put India 2-0 ahead.
Malaysia, however, reduced the margin three minutes later through a field goal from Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim to go into the breather trailing India 1-2.
But the hosts levelled the scores in the 45th minute through Firhan Ashaari.
Gurmail Singh`s brilliant effort in the 58th minute restored India`s, only to see Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim scoring the equaliser just a minute from the hooter.
India had already qualified for final of the tournament scheduled for tomorrow after defeating New Zealand 3-1 in their last league encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16