India`s unbeaten run continues, drew 3-3 against Malaysia
Johor Bahru (Malaysia): Already through to the summit clash of the second Sultan of Johar Cup hockey tournament, India ended their league campaign on an unbeaten note by playing out a 3-3 draw against hosts Malaysia at the Taman Daya Stadium here today.
India took the lead in the 19th minute through a brilliant effort from Akashdeep Singh, who slipped the ball past Malaysia custodian Mohd Hafizuddin Othman.
Gagandeep Singh then converted a penalty corner in the 25th minute to put India 2-0 ahead.
Malaysia, however, reduced the margin three minutes later through a field goal from Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim to go into the breather trailing India 1-2.
But the hosts levelled the scores in the 45th minute through Firhan Ashaari.
Gurmail Singh`s brilliant effort in the 58th minute restored India`s, only to see Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim scoring the equaliser just a minute from the hooter.
India had already qualified for final of the tournament scheduled for tomorrow after defeating New Zealand 3-1 in their last league encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?