India`s unbeaten run continues, drew 3-3 against Malaysia
Johor Bahru (Malaysia): Already through to the summit clash of the second Sultan of Johar Cup hockey tournament, India ended their league campaign on an unbeaten note by playing out a 3-3 draw against hosts Malaysia at the Taman Daya Stadium here today.
India took the lead in the 19th minute through a brilliant effort from Akashdeep Singh, who slipped the ball past Malaysia custodian Mohd Hafizuddin Othman.
Gagandeep Singh then converted a penalty corner in the 25th minute to put India 2-0 ahead.
Malaysia, however, reduced the margin three minutes later through a field goal from Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim to go into the breather trailing India 1-2.
But the hosts levelled the scores in the 45th minute through Firhan Ashaari.
Gurmail Singh`s brilliant effort in the 58th minute restored India`s, only to see Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim scoring the equaliser just a minute from the hooter.
India had already qualified for final of the tournament scheduled for tomorrow after defeating New Zealand 3-1 in their last league encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Michel Platini at sports court for Sepp Blatter appeal
- LIVE streaming: Krishna Janmashtami 2016 celebrations straight from ISKON Delhi – Watch here
- Temples lit up for Janmashtami celebrations in Madhya Pradesh
- OP Jaisha-AFI row: Marathon runner said no to personalised refreshment, clarifies coach Nikolai Snesarev
- Turkish troops to stay until Syrian army regains control