India`s unbeaten run continues, drew 3-3 against Malaysia
Johor Bahru (Malaysia): Already through to the summit clash of the second Sultan of Johar Cup hockey tournament, India ended their league campaign on an unbeaten note by playing out a 3-3 draw against hosts Malaysia at the Taman Daya Stadium here today.
India took the lead in the 19th minute through a brilliant effort from Akashdeep Singh, who slipped the ball past Malaysia custodian Mohd Hafizuddin Othman.
Gagandeep Singh then converted a penalty corner in the 25th minute to put India 2-0 ahead.
Malaysia, however, reduced the margin three minutes later through a field goal from Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim to go into the breather trailing India 1-2.
But the hosts levelled the scores in the 45th minute through Firhan Ashaari.
Gurmail Singh`s brilliant effort in the 58th minute restored India`s, only to see Mohd Noor Faeez Ibrahim scoring the equaliser just a minute from the hooter.
India had already qualified for final of the tournament scheduled for tomorrow after defeating New Zealand 3-1 in their last league encounter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3