India`s WC team to be selected during archery nationals
Jamshedpur: The National Ranking Archery Tournament (NRAT), beginning here from Friday, will hold significance for the archers as the Indian team for the upcoming Stage I and II World Cup will be picked based on their performance in the event.
The Stage I World Cup will be held in Shanghai from May 13, followed by the second stage in Turkey in June, said Capt. Amitabh, Head (Sports) Tata Steel.
The 2nd NRAT will be drawing a host of top archers including Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee, Tarundeep Rai, Mangal Singh Champia in the men`s section while women`s section will witness Deepika Kumari, Bombyala Devi, Chakravolu Swuro and Dola Banerjee vie for top honours.
Organised by Tata Steel in association with the Jharkhand Archery Association and Steel Plant Sports Board (SPSB), the archers will compete for a total prize purse of Rs 3 lakh.
The 1st NRAT was held in Hyderabad in February.
The organisers installed a big LCD screen to telecast the event in an attempt to draw crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'