India`s WC team to be selected during archery nationals
Jamshedpur: The National Ranking Archery Tournament (NRAT), beginning here from Friday, will hold significance for the archers as the Indian team for the upcoming Stage I and II World Cup will be picked based on their performance in the event.
The Stage I World Cup will be held in Shanghai from May 13, followed by the second stage in Turkey in June, said Capt. Amitabh, Head (Sports) Tata Steel.
The 2nd NRAT will be drawing a host of top archers including Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee, Tarundeep Rai, Mangal Singh Champia in the men`s section while women`s section will witness Deepika Kumari, Bombyala Devi, Chakravolu Swuro and Dola Banerjee vie for top honours.
Organised by Tata Steel in association with the Jharkhand Archery Association and Steel Plant Sports Board (SPSB), the archers will compete for a total prize purse of Rs 3 lakh.
The 1st NRAT was held in Hyderabad in February.
The organisers installed a big LCD screen to telecast the event in an attempt to draw crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Tillakaratne Dilshan to retire from international cricket after 3rd ODI, two T20Is against Australia
- Stand by what I said about RSS, will never stop fighting its hateful agenda: Rahul Gandhi
- Mercedes to have petrol option for all models in India by September
- Battled empty seats at Olympics but Rio organisers witness record as 133,000 tickets get sold in 1 day for Paralympic Games
- PM Narendra Modi's brother raises arrest of dhaba owner with Indore police chief