India`s WC team to be selected during archery nationals
Jamshedpur: The National Ranking Archery Tournament (NRAT), beginning here from Friday, will hold significance for the archers as the Indian team for the upcoming Stage I and II World Cup will be picked based on their performance in the event.
The Stage I World Cup will be held in Shanghai from May 13, followed by the second stage in Turkey in June, said Capt. Amitabh, Head (Sports) Tata Steel.
The 2nd NRAT will be drawing a host of top archers including Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee, Tarundeep Rai, Mangal Singh Champia in the men`s section while women`s section will witness Deepika Kumari, Bombyala Devi, Chakravolu Swuro and Dola Banerjee vie for top honours.
Organised by Tata Steel in association with the Jharkhand Archery Association and Steel Plant Sports Board (SPSB), the archers will compete for a total prize purse of Rs 3 lakh.
The 1st NRAT was held in Hyderabad in February.
The organisers installed a big LCD screen to telecast the event in an attempt to draw crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meitu launches 'BeautyPlus Me' app in India
- Spine-chilling video: Woman dragged, killed by tiger at safari park in China
- At least 271 killed or missing in China rains, 59,000 troops deployed
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification this week; August salary as per new pay matrix
- Micromax announces new laptop series