India`s WC team to be selected during archery nationals
Jamshedpur: The National Ranking Archery Tournament (NRAT), beginning here from Friday, will hold significance for the archers as the Indian team for the upcoming Stage I and II World Cup will be picked based on their performance in the event.
The Stage I World Cup will be held in Shanghai from May 13, followed by the second stage in Turkey in June, said Capt. Amitabh, Head (Sports) Tata Steel.
The 2nd NRAT will be drawing a host of top archers including Jayanta Talukdar, Rahul Banerjee, Tarundeep Rai, Mangal Singh Champia in the men`s section while women`s section will witness Deepika Kumari, Bombyala Devi, Chakravolu Swuro and Dola Banerjee vie for top honours.
Organised by Tata Steel in association with the Jharkhand Archery Association and Steel Plant Sports Board (SPSB), the archers will compete for a total prize purse of Rs 3 lakh.
The 1st NRAT was held in Hyderabad in February.
The organisers installed a big LCD screen to telecast the event in an attempt to draw crowd.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 225 killed or missing in China rains; protests break out
- Police pressuring woman to give false statement against Amanantullah Khan: AAP
- Turkey detains Gulen`s nephew after coup attempt: Report
- UP: BJP protest for Naseemuddin Siddiqui's arrest, Dayashankar Singh's re-induction
- Discontinue pellet guns, says J&K HC citing Rajnath's statement