India spends Rs.123.73 crores on Olympics preparations
New Delhi: Sports Minster Ajay Maken Tuesday said Rs.123.73 crores have been spent so far on training athletes for the 2012 London Olympics.
"Till 29th February, 2012, approximately an amount of Rs.123.73 crores has been spent on the athletes. The ministry is closely monitoring the athletes and is in regular touch with sports federations, SAI and experts in the respective fields to review their preparation," Maken said in a written reply in the Lok Sabha.
The ministry has earmarked Rs.258 crores for the for athletes` Olympic preparation. Till date, 29 sportspersons in five disciplines have qualified for the July-August mega event.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?