India thrash Pakistan 34-5 to enter 5 Nations rugby final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kuala Lumpur: India thrashed Pakistan (34-5) in a heavily one-sided semi-final to enter the final of the HSBC Asian 5 Nations rugby Division II championships played at the Stadium Kelana Jaya on Wednesday.
The victory set up a final clash with Guam, who beat Indonesia (38-17) in other semi-final, on Friday, June 1.
Pakistan, under new coach and former Ireland international and European Cup champion Justin Fitzpatrick, came into the big contest against their fiercest rival India after a strong preparation. But that didn’t stop a superior Indian team from winning. India are coached by Mitsutake Hagimoto, who also coaches the Japan Women’s team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir