India thrash Pakistan 34-5 to enter 5 Nations rugby final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kuala Lumpur: India thrashed Pakistan (34-5) in a heavily one-sided semi-final to enter the final of the HSBC Asian 5 Nations rugby Division II championships played at the Stadium Kelana Jaya on Wednesday.
The victory set up a final clash with Guam, who beat Indonesia (38-17) in other semi-final, on Friday, June 1.
Pakistan, under new coach and former Ireland international and European Cup champion Justin Fitzpatrick, came into the big contest against their fiercest rival India after a strong preparation. But that didn’t stop a superior Indian team from winning. India are coached by Mitsutake Hagimoto, who also coaches the Japan Women’s team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon