India thrash Pakistan 34-5 to enter 5 Nations rugby final
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Kuala Lumpur: India thrashed Pakistan (34-5) in a heavily one-sided semi-final to enter the final of the HSBC Asian 5 Nations rugby Division II championships played at the Stadium Kelana Jaya on Wednesday.
The victory set up a final clash with Guam, who beat Indonesia (38-17) in other semi-final, on Friday, June 1.
Pakistan, under new coach and former Ireland international and European Cup champion Justin Fitzpatrick, came into the big contest against their fiercest rival India after a strong preparation. But that didn’t stop a superior Indian team from winning. India are coached by Mitsutake Hagimoto, who also coaches the Japan Women’s team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster