India to host Asian TT
New Delhi: India will host the 2014 Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships in Bangalore.
The decision was taken at an Asian Table Tennis Union (ATTU) meeting which coincided with the senior Asian Championships in Busan earlier this month.
“It was decided that the next Asian Juniors will take place in India next year, sometime in August. The most likely venue will be the Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore,” Dhanraj Choudhary, secretary general at the Table Tennis Federation of India, said. Choudhary is also the ATTU treasurer.
India last hosted the Championships in New Delhi in 2011. The 2013 edition will be held in Doha.
In 2012, India organised the world juniors for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi