India to host Asian TT
New Delhi: India will host the 2014 Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships in Bangalore.
The decision was taken at an Asian Table Tennis Union (ATTU) meeting which coincided with the senior Asian Championships in Busan earlier this month.
“It was decided that the next Asian Juniors will take place in India next year, sometime in August. The most likely venue will be the Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore,” Dhanraj Choudhary, secretary general at the Table Tennis Federation of India, said. Choudhary is also the ATTU treasurer.
India last hosted the Championships in New Delhi in 2011. The 2013 edition will be held in Doha.
In 2012, India organised the world juniors for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today