India to host Asian TT
New Delhi: India will host the 2014 Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships in Bangalore.
The decision was taken at an Asian Table Tennis Union (ATTU) meeting which coincided with the senior Asian Championships in Busan earlier this month.
“It was decided that the next Asian Juniors will take place in India next year, sometime in August. The most likely venue will be the Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore,” Dhanraj Choudhary, secretary general at the Table Tennis Federation of India, said. Choudhary is also the ATTU treasurer.
India last hosted the Championships in New Delhi in 2011. The 2013 edition will be held in Doha.
In 2012, India organised the world juniors for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?