India to host Asian TT
New Delhi: India will host the 2014 Asian Junior Table Tennis Championships in Bangalore.
The decision was taken at an Asian Table Tennis Union (ATTU) meeting which coincided with the senior Asian Championships in Busan earlier this month.
“It was decided that the next Asian Juniors will take place in India next year, sometime in August. The most likely venue will be the Kanteerava Stadium in Bangalore,” Dhanraj Choudhary, secretary general at the Table Tennis Federation of India, said. Choudhary is also the ATTU treasurer.
India last hosted the Championships in New Delhi in 2011. The 2013 edition will be held in Doha.
In 2012, India organised the world juniors for the first time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ Salman Khan weaves magic at BO; to register Rs 500 crore soon!