India U-16 hoopsters to face Jordan
Tehran: The under-16 Indian basketball team will be playing the opening game of the third FIBA Asia Championship here against Jordan Wednesday.
The Indian contingent prepared in Dungguan, China, from Sep 15-22, where they competed against various Chinese clubs.
The Asia Championship will be played from Sep 25 to Oct 4 with 14 teams divided into four groups in the preliminary round. India has been placed in Group C along with Jordan and Japan. After their encounter against Jordan, India will play Japan Sep 27.
Defending champions China have won both the inaugural (Malaysia 2009) as well as the second edition (Vietnam 2011) while India ranked 10th in both the editions.
India U-16 squad: Mahipal Singh, Akhilesh Kumar, Yogesh Kanderiya, Prabmnoor Singh, Rahul Mehla, Jaipal Singh, Ashish Briggs, Vishal Kumar Gupta, Sunil, Mithun Das, Erash Hooda, Arjun Pandit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family