India U-16 hoopsters to face Jordan
Tehran: The under-16 Indian basketball team will be playing the opening game of the third FIBA Asia Championship here against Jordan Wednesday.
The Indian contingent prepared in Dungguan, China, from Sep 15-22, where they competed against various Chinese clubs.
The Asia Championship will be played from Sep 25 to Oct 4 with 14 teams divided into four groups in the preliminary round. India has been placed in Group C along with Jordan and Japan. After their encounter against Jordan, India will play Japan Sep 27.
Defending champions China have won both the inaugural (Malaysia 2009) as well as the second edition (Vietnam 2011) while India ranked 10th in both the editions.
India U-16 squad: Mahipal Singh, Akhilesh Kumar, Yogesh Kanderiya, Prabmnoor Singh, Rahul Mehla, Jaipal Singh, Ashish Briggs, Vishal Kumar Gupta, Sunil, Mithun Das, Erash Hooda, Arjun Pandit.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference