India win 2 medals in shotgun competition in Finland
New Delhi: India`s Priyanshu Pandey on Wednesday clinched the individual gold medal in double trap besides claiming a silver in the team event along with his teammates at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition in Orimattila, Finland.
It was Pandey`s excellent shooting in the finals and semifinals that brought him the yellow metal after a rather none-too-impressive outing in the qualification round.
The team of Pandey (102), Sanjay Rathore (105) and Ahvar Rizvi (93) won the silver medal in the team event.
Although Pandey didn`t have a good score in the qualification round, where he shot 102/150, his score of 24 in semifinals and 23 in the finals earned him the gold medal.
This is his second international competition.
Sanjay Singh Rathore shot 105 in qualification round and was ranked 6th in the final round.
The trap and skeet event for both boys and girls will be held on Thursday.
Indian junior shooters have recently showed their mettle by winning an impressive tally of 15 medals, including three gold, in two international shooting tournaments in Germany and Czech Republic earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video