India win 2 medals in shotgun competition in Finland
New Delhi: India`s Priyanshu Pandey on Wednesday clinched the individual gold medal in double trap besides claiming a silver in the team event along with his teammates at the 5th Junior International Shotgun Competition in Orimattila, Finland.
It was Pandey`s excellent shooting in the finals and semifinals that brought him the yellow metal after a rather none-too-impressive outing in the qualification round.
The team of Pandey (102), Sanjay Rathore (105) and Ahvar Rizvi (93) won the silver medal in the team event.
Although Pandey didn`t have a good score in the qualification round, where he shot 102/150, his score of 24 in semifinals and 23 in the finals earned him the gold medal.
This is his second international competition.
Sanjay Singh Rathore shot 105 in qualification round and was ranked 6th in the final round.
The trap and skeet event for both boys and girls will be held on Thursday.
Indian junior shooters have recently showed their mettle by winning an impressive tally of 15 medals, including three gold, in two international shooting tournaments in Germany and Czech Republic earlier this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!
- 7th Pay Commission: Five recommendations that will disappoint govt employees
- Union Cabinet reshuffle on Thursday? President’s House being readied for ceremony