India wins gold in men`s basketball at Lusofonia Games
Panaji: India on Monday won the basketball gold in the men`s section at the Lusofonia Games, defeating Angola 77-70.
In a closely fought match at the Indoor Stadium at university complex near here, India led 19-14 at the end of the first quarter before the visitors brought themselves back into the game with a 16-15 second quarter verdict.
The Angolans fought tooth and nail to dominate the third quarter, where they scored 23 points against India`s 16.
The hosts` cagers, however, saw that they did not suffer any more hiccups as they claimed the fourth quarter 27-17 and along with it the title.
Mozambique won the bronze defeating Cape Verde 56-37. The women`s gold was bagged by Mozambique, who defeated Angola 73-49. India won the bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday