India wins gold in men`s basketball at Lusofonia Games
Panaji: India on Monday won the basketball gold in the men`s section at the Lusofonia Games, defeating Angola 77-70.
In a closely fought match at the Indoor Stadium at university complex near here, India led 19-14 at the end of the first quarter before the visitors brought themselves back into the game with a 16-15 second quarter verdict.
The Angolans fought tooth and nail to dominate the third quarter, where they scored 23 points against India`s 16.
The hosts` cagers, however, saw that they did not suffer any more hiccups as they claimed the fourth quarter 27-17 and along with it the title.
Mozambique won the bronze defeating Cape Verde 56-37. The women`s gold was bagged by Mozambique, who defeated Angola 73-49. India won the bronze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof