India wins one gold, one bronze in Asian Archery Grand Prix
New Delhi: The Indian men`s compound team clinched a gold while the recurve trio bagged a bronze medal in the Asian Archery Grand Prix in Bangkok today.
The compound team comprising Sandeep Kumar, Abhishek Verma, Jignas Chittibomma emerged 226-218 victorious over Vietnam team in four sets to win the gold.
The Indians led the first and third rounds while there were ties in second and fourth. The 60-53 lead in the first round made all the difference as the scoreline in the subsequent rounds read 53-53, 56-55 and 57-57.
The recurve men`s team of Atanu Das, Rahul Banerjee, Binod Swansi defeated Russia 217-201 in the bronze-medal match in four sets. The Indians won 55-51, 53-47, 55-53, 54-50.
Meanwhile, the Indian women`s recurve team of Dola Banerjee, Rimil Buriuly and L Bombayla Devi missed the bronze medal by a whisker as they lost 202-203 to Indonesia in the third-place match. The Indians lost 48-52, 52-52, 53-51, 49-48.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!