India wins one gold, one bronze in Asian Archery Grand Prix
New Delhi: The Indian men`s compound team clinched a gold while the recurve trio bagged a bronze medal in the Asian Archery Grand Prix in Bangkok today.
The compound team comprising Sandeep Kumar, Abhishek Verma, Jignas Chittibomma emerged 226-218 victorious over Vietnam team in four sets to win the gold.
The Indians led the first and third rounds while there were ties in second and fourth. The 60-53 lead in the first round made all the difference as the scoreline in the subsequent rounds read 53-53, 56-55 and 57-57.
The recurve men`s team of Atanu Das, Rahul Banerjee, Binod Swansi defeated Russia 217-201 in the bronze-medal match in four sets. The Indians won 55-51, 53-47, 55-53, 54-50.
Meanwhile, the Indian women`s recurve team of Dola Banerjee, Rimil Buriuly and L Bombayla Devi missed the bronze medal by a whisker as they lost 202-203 to Indonesia in the third-place match. The Indians lost 48-52, 52-52, 53-51, 49-48.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?