India wins one gold, one bronze in Asian Archery Grand Prix
New Delhi: The Indian men`s compound team clinched a gold while the recurve trio bagged a bronze medal in the Asian Archery Grand Prix in Bangkok today.
The compound team comprising Sandeep Kumar, Abhishek Verma, Jignas Chittibomma emerged 226-218 victorious over Vietnam team in four sets to win the gold.
The Indians led the first and third rounds while there were ties in second and fourth. The 60-53 lead in the first round made all the difference as the scoreline in the subsequent rounds read 53-53, 56-55 and 57-57.
The recurve men`s team of Atanu Das, Rahul Banerjee, Binod Swansi defeated Russia 217-201 in the bronze-medal match in four sets. The Indians won 55-51, 53-47, 55-53, 54-50.
Meanwhile, the Indian women`s recurve team of Dola Banerjee, Rimil Buriuly and L Bombayla Devi missed the bronze medal by a whisker as they lost 202-203 to Indonesia in the third-place match. The Indians lost 48-52, 52-52, 53-51, 49-48.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'