India women`s hockey team in Lanco Super series 9s final
Perth: The Indian women`s team played out a sluggish 1-1 draw against Malaysia on Saturday but it was enough to fetch the side a place in the Lanco International Super SeriesHockey 9s final.
With a draw against the hosts on Friday and full points against Malaysia on the opening day, India did enough to book a final berth in the three-nation event.
They will face Australia in the summit clash on Sunday.
The experienced Jasjeet Handa put India ahead in the fourth minute, her first goal in three matches but the team allowed the Malaysians to claw back later in the game.
India ended up conceding a penalty corner just 10 seconds before the hooter went off and Rahma Othman Siti converted it for Malaysia to earn her team its first point in the four-day competition.
India will again play Australia on Saturday in a repeat league match, the result of which is of no consequence after this match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH