India women`s hockey team in Lanco Super series 9s final
Perth: The Indian women`s team played out a sluggish 1-1 draw against Malaysia on Saturday but it was enough to fetch the side a place in the Lanco International Super SeriesHockey 9s final.
With a draw against the hosts on Friday and full points against Malaysia on the opening day, India did enough to book a final berth in the three-nation event.
They will face Australia in the summit clash on Sunday.
The experienced Jasjeet Handa put India ahead in the fourth minute, her first goal in three matches but the team allowed the Malaysians to claw back later in the game.
India ended up conceding a penalty corner just 10 seconds before the hooter went off and Rahma Othman Siti converted it for Malaysia to earn her team its first point in the four-day competition.
India will again play Australia on Saturday in a repeat league match, the result of which is of no consequence after this match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit woe: Pound tumbles, most markets extend losses
- For single women in Maharashtra, owning land can be the difference between life and death
- Gold price climbs 1%, investors seek safe-haven after 'Brexit' vote
- Ranbir Kapoor wants 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' to be his next BIG release?
- LIVE Brexit fallout: Europe triggers sell-off, Sensex falls over 100 points