India women`s hockey team in Lanco Super series 9s final
Perth: The Indian women`s team played out a sluggish 1-1 draw against Malaysia on Saturday but it was enough to fetch the side a place in the Lanco International Super SeriesHockey 9s final.
With a draw against the hosts on Friday and full points against Malaysia on the opening day, India did enough to book a final berth in the three-nation event.
They will face Australia in the summit clash on Sunday.
The experienced Jasjeet Handa put India ahead in the fourth minute, her first goal in three matches but the team allowed the Malaysians to claw back later in the game.
India ended up conceding a penalty corner just 10 seconds before the hooter went off and Rahma Othman Siti converted it for Malaysia to earn her team its first point in the four-day competition.
India will again play Australia on Saturday in a repeat league match, the result of which is of no consequence after this match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened