India women`s hockey team in Lanco Super series 9s final
Perth: The Indian women`s team played out a sluggish 1-1 draw against Malaysia on Saturday but it was enough to fetch the side a place in the Lanco International Super SeriesHockey 9s final.
With a draw against the hosts on Friday and full points against Malaysia on the opening day, India did enough to book a final berth in the three-nation event.
They will face Australia in the summit clash on Sunday.
The experienced Jasjeet Handa put India ahead in the fourth minute, her first goal in three matches but the team allowed the Malaysians to claw back later in the game.
India ended up conceding a penalty corner just 10 seconds before the hooter went off and Rahma Othman Siti converted it for Malaysia to earn her team its first point in the four-day competition.
India will again play Australia on Saturday in a repeat league match, the result of which is of no consequence after this match.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Nearly half of all heart attacks may be 'silent'
- Seven crucial points new BCCI president Anurag Thakur raised during maiden press conference
- MUST WATCH VIDEO: 84* off 18 balls - You wont believe who is batting....
- Brace yourself, Eid is coming! New still from Salman Khan's 'Sultan' will gear you up for trailer launch
- 'India's net FDI flows to hit USD 38 billion this fiscal'