Indian archers misfire in World Cup
Kolkata: India had a disappointing start to the Archery World Cup Stage IV at Wroclaw (Poland) with the country`s best medal hope Deepika Kumari slipping to 19th as the women`s recurve team finished sixth and men`s squad earning the fifth place in the qualification rounds on Tuesday.
According to information received here, Deepika shot 647 finishing behind Laishram Bombayla Devi who logged 649 points for an overall 18th place in the qualification rounds.
Rimil Buriuly, the third member of the women`s recurve team, with a score of 632 finished lowly at 42nd place as the trio totalled 1928 for a sixth place in the team event.
Asian Games silver medallist Tarundeep Rai was the best among the men`s trio as he finished 18th with 623, while Priyank (622) and Atanu Das (609) took the 20th and 42nd place for an overall fifth place in the team event.
The poor show meant India were no good in the mixed team event with the pair of Tarundeep and Bombayla combining 1272 for ninth position in the rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic