Indian archers misfire in World Cup
Kolkata: India had a disappointing start to the Archery World Cup Stage IV at Wroclaw (Poland) with the country`s best medal hope Deepika Kumari slipping to 19th as the women`s recurve team finished sixth and men`s squad earning the fifth place in the qualification rounds on Tuesday.
According to information received here, Deepika shot 647 finishing behind Laishram Bombayla Devi who logged 649 points for an overall 18th place in the qualification rounds.
Rimil Buriuly, the third member of the women`s recurve team, with a score of 632 finished lowly at 42nd place as the trio totalled 1928 for a sixth place in the team event.
Asian Games silver medallist Tarundeep Rai was the best among the men`s trio as he finished 18th with 623, while Priyank (622) and Atanu Das (609) took the 20th and 42nd place for an overall fifth place in the team event.
The poor show meant India were no good in the mixed team event with the pair of Tarundeep and Bombayla combining 1272 for ninth position in the rankings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers