Indian athletes dominate proceedings in Army Sports Meet
Kathmandu: India started off its campaign in the South Asian Army Sports Meet in grand style with Sandip Kumar Singh, Jitin Kumar and Rathis Kumar bringing laurels to the country on the opening day of the event held here.
While Sandip recored a timing of 3:59:02 minutes to pip his nearest rival from Sri Lanka in the 1,500m race, Jitin scaled a height of 2.11m to emerge the winner in the high jump.
In the long jump, Rathis secured first position by recording a leap of 7.20m.
The six-day event, which kicked off at Army Physical Training and Sports Centre in the premises of Rajdal Battalion of Nepal Army here on Friday, is aimed to promote goodwill and cooperation among the armies of the South Asian nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Major trouble for Tanmay Bhat! Raj Thackeray-led MNS vows to thrash him for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar
- Sahara group puts out huge 4,700 acres of land for sale
- Sensex shows traction, up 117 on monsoon update, strong Q4
- High-speed Spanish Talgo train begins trial run, to be introduced on Delhi-Mumbai route
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!