Indian athletes dominate proceedings in Army Sports Meet
Kathmandu: India started off its campaign in the South Asian Army Sports Meet in grand style with Sandip Kumar Singh, Jitin Kumar and Rathis Kumar bringing laurels to the country on the opening day of the event held here.
While Sandip recored a timing of 3:59:02 minutes to pip his nearest rival from Sri Lanka in the 1,500m race, Jitin scaled a height of 2.11m to emerge the winner in the high jump.
In the long jump, Rathis secured first position by recording a leap of 7.20m.
The six-day event, which kicked off at Army Physical Training and Sports Centre in the premises of Rajdal Battalion of Nepal Army here on Friday, is aimed to promote goodwill and cooperation among the armies of the South Asian nations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29