Five things you must know about Indian Badminton League
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
New Delhi: Here is a list of five things you must know before the Indian Badminton League (IBL), with the theme ‘Net lagao, pyaar badhao’, starts.
• Your teams: Krrish Delhi Smashers, Pune Pistons, Banga Beats (Bangalore), Awadhe Warriors (Lucknow), Hyderabad Hotshots and Mumbai Masters.
• Prize Money: Winners take away Rs 3.5 crore and the runners-up Rs 2 crore.
• Scoring pattern: No two-point difference, the one who reaches 21 points first is the winner. The decider will be for 11 points. One-minute break will be given to the players after seventh and 14th points in the first two games. In the decider and the final game, the break will be after sixth point.
• Most expensive player: World No 1 from Malaysia, Lee Chong Wei bought by Mumbai Masters for $135,000.
• No of players: Each team comprises 11 players (6 Indians, 4 foreigners, 1 junior Indian). Five matches to be played per tie (2 men`s singles, 1 each of women`s singles, men`s doubles and mixed doubles).
ALSO READ Indian Badminton League: Ready to go!»