IBL, 1st semi-final: Juliane Schenk will be keen for revenge against Saina
Zee Media Bureau/Manushree Chaumal
Hyderabad: The women’s singles match between Saina Nehwal of Hyderabad Hotshots and Juliane Schenk of Pune Pistons will be the highlight of the semi-finals of the Indian Badminton League.
With revenge on her mind and with wanting to prove a point to Saina Nehwal, Juliane Schenk will be the player to watch out on Wednesday.
Juliane is the second highest ranked player in the league, after Saina. So the clash between world number 3 and world number 4 will be quite exciting.
Though Juliane has lost to Saina in a close fought three-setter in their previous encounter, it will be an interesting revenge match for the German.
Juliane has been in her prime form this year, but in IBL her win-loss ratio is 3-2. She has not been in her best form, but has managed to win close three setters.
She won her matches against Nichaon Jindapon (KDS) 15-21, 6-21, Tine Baun(MM) 11-21, 21-10 11-7, and Carolina Marin (BB) 21-20, 21-10, but lost to Indian shuttlers Saina Nehwal (HH) 17-21,21-19, 11- 6, and PV Sindhu (AW) 21-20, 21-20.
Now, that the semi–final tie will be decided on a best of 5 match basis, the clash between these two players has become even more pivotal. And don’t be surprised, if Juliane manages to pull out a surprise win against Saina, who is the favourite to win the tournament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery