IBL final 2013: Clash of titans between Saina and Sindhu
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mumbai: Awadhe Warriors and Hyderabad Hotshots are all set to play for the huge sum of USD 1 million in Indian Badminton League on Saturday.
If Hyderabad franchise has the world number four Saina Nehwal as their team icon, then Lucknow too has PV Sindhu, who recently became the first Indian to win a medal at World Championships.
Though in the first encounter, Sindhu failed to showcase her skills against the senior Hyderabadi, as when they met on 15th August, the 19-year-old lost the game in straight sets 21-9 21-8, without giving much of a trouble to the sole Olympic medalist shuttler of the country.
So this time around, it would be a good opportunity for Sindhu to settle the scores against Saina.
If we talk about their playing style, both are contrast to each other. While Saina has a good defensive technique and net play, Sindhu loves to play an aggressive game.
Saina is still unbeaten in the League and Sindhu has made her reputation as a giant killer. So will Sindhu this time around manage to turn the tables or it would be Saina’s show once again? We’ll have the answer tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living