IBL final 2013: Clash of titans between Saina and Sindhu
Zee Media Bureau/Chaitan Papnai
Mumbai: Awadhe Warriors and Hyderabad Hotshots are all set to play for the huge sum of USD 1 million in Indian Badminton League on Saturday.
If Hyderabad franchise has the world number four Saina Nehwal as their team icon, then Lucknow too has PV Sindhu, who recently became the first Indian to win a medal at World Championships.
Though in the first encounter, Sindhu failed to showcase her skills against the senior Hyderabadi, as when they met on 15th August, the 19-year-old lost the game in straight sets 21-9 21-8, without giving much of a trouble to the sole Olympic medalist shuttler of the country.
So this time around, it would be a good opportunity for Sindhu to settle the scores against Saina.
If we talk about their playing style, both are contrast to each other. While Saina has a good defensive technique and net play, Sindhu loves to play an aggressive game.
Saina is still unbeaten in the League and Sindhu has made her reputation as a giant killer. So will Sindhu this time around manage to turn the tables or it would be Saina’s show once again? We’ll have the answer tonight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply