IBL: Hyderabad Hotshots defeat Mumbai Masters 3-2
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Continuing their good run in the ongoing Indian Badminton League, Hyderabad Hotshots on Thursday won their tie against Mumbai Masters 3-2.
In the first match, promising Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram gave a tough fight to World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, who is representing Mumbai franchise, before losing the match 21-19, 11-21, 11-5.
But even after trailing 1-0, Hyderabad Hotshots won the next three matches on the trot to beat Mumbai Masters.
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal beat P.C. Thulasi 21-7, 21-10 in straight sets and managed to keep her unbeaten record intact in the IBL.
In the third match, Hyderabad Hotshots’ men’s doubles pair of Shem Goh and Wah Lim defeated Sumeet and Manu 11-21 21-16 11-9 after some tough fight.
In the men’s singles, Tanongsak of Hyderabad Hotshots won over Marc Zweibler 21-19, 17-21, 11-6 to make sure their franchise didn’t have to wait for the fifth and the final match for the day’s result.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’