IBL: Hyderabad Hotshots defeat Mumbai Masters 3-2
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Continuing their good run in the ongoing Indian Badminton League, Hyderabad Hotshots on Thursday won their tie against Mumbai Masters 3-2.
In the first match, promising Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram gave a tough fight to World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, who is representing Mumbai franchise, before losing the match 21-19, 11-21, 11-5.
But even after trailing 1-0, Hyderabad Hotshots won the next three matches on the trot to beat Mumbai Masters.
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal beat P.C. Thulasi 21-7, 21-10 in straight sets and managed to keep her unbeaten record intact in the IBL.
In the third match, Hyderabad Hotshots’ men’s doubles pair of Shem Goh and Wah Lim defeated Sumeet and Manu 11-21 21-16 11-9 after some tough fight.
In the men’s singles, Tanongsak of Hyderabad Hotshots won over Marc Zweibler 21-19, 17-21, 11-6 to make sure their franchise didn’t have to wait for the fifth and the final match for the day’s result.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing