IBL: Hyderabad Hotshots defeat Mumbai Masters 3-2
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Continuing their good run in the ongoing Indian Badminton League, Hyderabad Hotshots on Thursday won their tie against Mumbai Masters 3-2.
In the first match, promising Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram gave a tough fight to World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, who is representing Mumbai franchise, before losing the match 21-19, 11-21, 11-5.
But even after trailing 1-0, Hyderabad Hotshots won the next three matches on the trot to beat Mumbai Masters.
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal beat P.C. Thulasi 21-7, 21-10 in straight sets and managed to keep her unbeaten record intact in the IBL.
In the third match, Hyderabad Hotshots’ men’s doubles pair of Shem Goh and Wah Lim defeated Sumeet and Manu 11-21 21-16 11-9 after some tough fight.
In the men’s singles, Tanongsak of Hyderabad Hotshots won over Marc Zweibler 21-19, 17-21, 11-6 to make sure their franchise didn’t have to wait for the fifth and the final match for the day’s result.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery