IBL: Hyderabad Hotshots defeat Mumbai Masters 3-2
Zee Media Bureau/ Chaitan Papnai
New Delhi: Continuing their good run in the ongoing Indian Badminton League, Hyderabad Hotshots on Thursday won their tie against Mumbai Masters 3-2.
In the first match, promising Indian shuttler Ajay Jayaram gave a tough fight to World No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, who is representing Mumbai franchise, before losing the match 21-19, 11-21, 11-5.
But even after trailing 1-0, Hyderabad Hotshots won the next three matches on the trot to beat Mumbai Masters.
Star Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal beat P.C. Thulasi 21-7, 21-10 in straight sets and managed to keep her unbeaten record intact in the IBL.
In the third match, Hyderabad Hotshots’ men’s doubles pair of Shem Goh and Wah Lim defeated Sumeet and Manu 11-21 21-16 11-9 after some tough fight.
In the men’s singles, Tanongsak of Hyderabad Hotshots won over Marc Zweibler 21-19, 17-21, 11-6 to make sure their franchise didn’t have to wait for the fifth and the final match for the day’s result.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP