IBL, second semi-final: Awadhe Warriors’ PV Sindhu defeats Mumbai Masters’ Tine Baun
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Bangalore: In the second semi-final of the Indian Badminton League, rising Indian shuttler, PV Sindhu, defeated Denmark’s veteran, Tine Baun, in straight sets 21-16, 21-13.
Baun wasn`t looking comfortable in the court as she made several unforced errors. Her serves went long while Sindhu consistently dominated the match with a mix of deception and aggression.
This was Sindhu`s second victory against Baun in the tournament after she had defeated her once in the league stage.
Sindhu, the icon player of Awadhe Warriors gave her side a much-needed victory after Mumbai Masters`, Lee Chong Wei, won the first match in the men`s singles to give Mumbai a 1-0 lead in the second semi-final.
The winner of Thursday’s tie will lock horns with Hyderabad Hotshots in the final which is scheduled to be played at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Mumbai on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you