IBL, second semi-final: Awadhe Warriors’ PV Sindhu defeats Mumbai Masters’ Tine Baun
Zee Media Bureau/Suyash Srivastava
Bangalore: In the second semi-final of the Indian Badminton League, rising Indian shuttler, PV Sindhu, defeated Denmark’s veteran, Tine Baun, in straight sets 21-16, 21-13.
Baun wasn`t looking comfortable in the court as she made several unforced errors. Her serves went long while Sindhu consistently dominated the match with a mix of deception and aggression.
This was Sindhu`s second victory against Baun in the tournament after she had defeated her once in the league stage.
Sindhu, the icon player of Awadhe Warriors gave her side a much-needed victory after Mumbai Masters`, Lee Chong Wei, won the first match in the men`s singles to give Mumbai a 1-0 lead in the second semi-final.
The winner of Thursday’s tie will lock horns with Hyderabad Hotshots in the final which is scheduled to be played at the Sardar Patel Stadium in Mumbai on Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA