Indian Badminton League, Day 10 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
In the 10th day of inaugural Indian Badminton League, Krissh Delhi Smashers thrashed the Banga Beats 4-1. With this win Krrish Delhi Smashers have kept their hopes alive in the League. On the other hand Banga Beats will have to play really well in their final match to enter the semis.
Match 5: V. Diju/ Jwala Gutta defeats Mogensen/ Marin: 21-16 15-21 11-9
Fifth and final match was a mix doubles, which again went to the third set as both the teams won one match each. In the third set, the Indian pair of Jwala and Diju won the set 11-9, and pocketed the game as well. With this win they have won the tie quite comfortably by beating the Banga Beats 4-1.
Match 4: H.S. Prannoy defeats Arvind Bhat: 21-18 7-21 11-8
In second men’s singles Prannoy of Delhi franchise won the first set 21-18, but then Bhat flew away with the next and in the last set of 11 points, Prannoy won it 11-8. And with this win Delhi have won this tie against Banga Beats.
Match 3: Tan/ Koo defeats Mogensen/Akshay:
21-11 20-21 11-7
After reaching 1-1 in the tie, in the men’s doubles both the teams tried hard to win the third game. In the first set pair of Tan/ Koo of Delhi Smashers easily beat Banga Beats boys. But in the next set Banga players won it to make it 1-1. In the final set Koo/Tan made a comeback and eventually won the set and game to give Delhi franchise a 2-1 lead.
Match 2: Nichaon Jindapon defeats Carolina Marin: 21-17 15-21 11-9
In the women’s singles match both the players were quite strong. If in the first set Jindapon managed to win the set 21-17, in the next Marin made a comeback to win the next by 21-15. In the final and deciding set both the players gave their best shot but at the end Jindapon of Krrish Delhi Smashers won the final set 11-9, to help her team to make the tie 1-1
Match 1: P Kashyap defeats Sai Praneeth: 21-15 21-11
In the first set both the players displayed superb skills but after few good rallies and smashes, eventually Praneeth lost the set to 21-15. In the next game, though, Preenath showed the glimpse of a skilled player but that was all from his end, which was not enough to beat the experienced Kashyap. And Kashyap pocked the second set as well by 21-11. With this win Banga Beats are 1-0 up in the tie.
Today, we have just one tie. And it’s between Banga Beats and Krrish Delhi Warriors. First match is between Sai Praneeth of Warriors against P Kashyap.
Stay on this page for the live updates from the Day 10 of IBL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi