Indian Badminton League, Day 10 - As it happened...
Zee Media Bureau
In the 10th day of inaugural Indian Badminton League, Krissh Delhi Smashers thrashed the Banga Beats 4-1. With this win Krrish Delhi Smashers have kept their hopes alive in the League. On the other hand Banga Beats will have to play really well in their final match to enter the semis.
Match 5: V. Diju/ Jwala Gutta defeats Mogensen/ Marin: 21-16 15-21 11-9
Fifth and final match was a mix doubles, which again went to the third set as both the teams won one match each. In the third set, the Indian pair of Jwala and Diju won the set 11-9, and pocketed the game as well. With this win they have won the tie quite comfortably by beating the Banga Beats 4-1.
Match 4: H.S. Prannoy defeats Arvind Bhat: 21-18 7-21 11-8
In second men’s singles Prannoy of Delhi franchise won the first set 21-18, but then Bhat flew away with the next and in the last set of 11 points, Prannoy won it 11-8. And with this win Delhi have won this tie against Banga Beats.
Match 3: Tan/ Koo defeats Mogensen/Akshay:
21-11 20-21 11-7
After reaching 1-1 in the tie, in the men’s doubles both the teams tried hard to win the third game. In the first set pair of Tan/ Koo of Delhi Smashers easily beat Banga Beats boys. But in the next set Banga players won it to make it 1-1. In the final set Koo/Tan made a comeback and eventually won the set and game to give Delhi franchise a 2-1 lead.
Match 2: Nichaon Jindapon defeats Carolina Marin: 21-17 15-21 11-9
In the women’s singles match both the players were quite strong. If in the first set Jindapon managed to win the set 21-17, in the next Marin made a comeback to win the next by 21-15. In the final and deciding set both the players gave their best shot but at the end Jindapon of Krrish Delhi Smashers won the final set 11-9, to help her team to make the tie 1-1
Match 1: P Kashyap defeats Sai Praneeth: 21-15 21-11
In the first set both the players displayed superb skills but after few good rallies and smashes, eventually Praneeth lost the set to 21-15. In the next game, though, Preenath showed the glimpse of a skilled player but that was all from his end, which was not enough to beat the experienced Kashyap. And Kashyap pocked the second set as well by 21-11. With this win Banga Beats are 1-0 up in the tie.
Today, we have just one tie. And it’s between Banga Beats and Krrish Delhi Warriors. First match is between Sai Praneeth of Warriors against P Kashyap.
Stay on this page for the live updates from the Day 10 of IBL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued