Pia Zebadiah replaces Taerattanachai in Awadhe Warriors
New Delhi: The Awadhe Warriors on Thursday announced that SCG Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold winner Indonesia`s Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth will replace Thai shuttler Sapsiree Taerattanachai for the remaining matches of the Indian Badminton League.
Pia Zebadiah will join the team tomorrow till the end of the league.
Thailand players would be returning home for their national championships which start from August 28.
Pia Zebadiah was in the reserve list and Awadhe Warriors decided to pick her for the remaining matches of the USD 1-million tournament.
Speaking on her participation in the IBL, Pia Zebadiah said: "I am excited to be part of the Vodafone Indian Badminton League and am looking forward to the remaining matches. I will give my 100 percent and try to win as many matches I can for my team. India is a great country with such loving crowd I really look forward to be part of the event."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery