Pia Zebadiah replaces Taerattanachai in Awadhe Warriors
New Delhi: The Awadhe Warriors on Thursday announced that SCG Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold winner Indonesia`s Pia Zebadiah Bernadeth will replace Thai shuttler Sapsiree Taerattanachai for the remaining matches of the Indian Badminton League.
Pia Zebadiah will join the team tomorrow till the end of the league.
Thailand players would be returning home for their national championships which start from August 28.
Pia Zebadiah was in the reserve list and Awadhe Warriors decided to pick her for the remaining matches of the USD 1-million tournament.
Speaking on her participation in the IBL, Pia Zebadiah said: "I am excited to be part of the Vodafone Indian Badminton League and am looking forward to the remaining matches. I will give my 100 percent and try to win as many matches I can for my team. India is a great country with such loving crowd I really look forward to be part of the event."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks