Indian Badminton League: Saina defeats Sindhu 21-19, 21-8
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a much-awaited match of the Indian Badminton League (IBL), ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated PV Sindhu 21-19, 21-8.
The first game was a closely fought contest where Sindhu impressed everybody with her aggressive play. Sindhu was leading 7-3 in the first game, but Saina used all experience to bounce back and dominated the rest of the match.
The 18-year-old however seemed to have lost some concentration in the second game where she was almost a no show.
Speaking after the match, Saina who struggled in the first game had words of praise for her opponent Sindhu.
"I think first game there is always a lot of pressure. That happens. She is playing at the international level. She really played well," Saina said.
Saina also said that she is looking forward to playing many more matches with Sindhu in the future.
After this win, Saina gave Hyderabad Hotshots a 2-0 lead against the Awadhe Warriors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician