Indian Badminton League: Saina defeats Sindhu 21-19, 21-8
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a much-awaited match of the Indian Badminton League (IBL), ace Indian shuttler Saina Nehwal defeated PV Sindhu 21-19, 21-8.
The first game was a closely fought contest where Sindhu impressed everybody with her aggressive play. Sindhu was leading 7-3 in the first game, but Saina used all experience to bounce back and dominated the rest of the match.
The 18-year-old however seemed to have lost some concentration in the second game where she was almost a no show.
Speaking after the match, Saina who struggled in the first game had words of praise for her opponent Sindhu.
"I think first game there is always a lot of pressure. That happens. She is playing at the international level. She really played well," Saina said.
Saina also said that she is looking forward to playing many more matches with Sindhu in the future.
After this win, Saina gave Hyderabad Hotshots a 2-0 lead against the Awadhe Warriors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack