Indian boxing official gets AIBA award
New Delhi: Indian referee and judge Kishen Narsi, who has officiated in three Olympics Games, has been adjudged this year`s `Best Technical Delegate` by the International Boxing Association (AIBA).
Narsi, who has been a referee and judge at the Olympic Games in Los Angeles (1984), Seoul (1988) and Barcelona (1992), has also officiated in six Asian Games from 1978 (Bangkok) to 1998 (Bangkok).
He is presently the Additional Executive Committee member of AIBA representing Asia and the Secretary of AIBA`s Technical and Rules Commission.
The Mumbaikar has been a technical delegate at many important international boxing tournaments, most recently in this year`s Asian Championships in China and World Championships in Milan.
"All these events were conducted flawlessly without any protests or problems due to excellent management skills of Kishen Narsi as the Technical Delegate," Indian Boxing Federation (IBF) Secretary General P K Muralidharan Raja said in a congratulatory statement.
Narsi will be honoured at the AIBA Awards Ceremony on December 10 at Baku, Azerbaijan during the President`s Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence hits Tamil Nadu; CM Panneerselvam tables bill in Assembly
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog