Indian delegation to meet IOC members in Lausanne
New Delhi: An official delegation will be travelling to Lausanne, Switzerland to attend a meeting with the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Amongst other things the delegation will also discuss the possibility of resolving the current impasse created because of the suspension of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) by the IOC.
The delegation will consist of Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports, Pradeep K Deb, Secretary (Sports), Anil Kumar Singh, OSD to the Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports, Malav Shroff, Olympian and Abhinav Bindra, Olympian.
It is understood that the IOA is sending its own delegation consisting of representatives of the National Sports Federations for the meeting.
It is expected that V.K. Malhotra and Raja Randhir Singh, Member IOC from India will also attend the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred