Indian delegation to meet IOC members in Lausanne
New Delhi: An official delegation will be travelling to Lausanne, Switzerland to attend a meeting with the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Amongst other things the delegation will also discuss the possibility of resolving the current impasse created because of the suspension of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) by the IOC.
The delegation will consist of Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports, Pradeep K Deb, Secretary (Sports), Anil Kumar Singh, OSD to the Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports, Malav Shroff, Olympian and Abhinav Bindra, Olympian.
It is understood that the IOA is sending its own delegation consisting of representatives of the National Sports Federations for the meeting.
It is expected that V.K. Malhotra and Raja Randhir Singh, Member IOC from India will also attend the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad