Indian delegation to meet IOC members in Lausanne
New Delhi: An official delegation will be travelling to Lausanne, Switzerland to attend a meeting with the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
Amongst other things the delegation will also discuss the possibility of resolving the current impasse created because of the suspension of Indian Olympic Association (IOA) by the IOC.
The delegation will consist of Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports, Pradeep K Deb, Secretary (Sports), Anil Kumar Singh, OSD to the Minister of State (Independent Charge) Youth Affairs and Sports, Malav Shroff, Olympian and Abhinav Bindra, Olympian.
It is understood that the IOA is sending its own delegation consisting of representatives of the National Sports Federations for the meeting.
It is expected that V.K. Malhotra and Raja Randhir Singh, Member IOC from India will also attend the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus