Indian eves defeat Malaysia to lift Kabaddi World Cup title
Ludhiana: Indian women Kabaddi team defeated Malaysia to win the one-sided final of the World Cup Kabaddi played here on Saturday.
The India women`s team emerged victorious crushing Malaysian team by a margin of 72-12 points.
At the end of 1st half, the Indian team was leading with the difference 42-6 points.
Raiders of Indian team Priyanka Devi, Priyanka Pilaniya and Sukhwinder Kaur got 13, 8 and 8 points respectively whereas stopper Jatinder Kaur amd Anu Rani bagged 11 and 10 points respectively.
Malaysia?s raider Manpreet Kaur scored 4 points whereas stopper Rekha got 2 points respectively.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal handed over prize money cheque of Rs 51 lakh to the winning team while the runners-up took home Rs 31 lakh.
The third position holder Danish women Kabbadi team took the prize money of Rs 21 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH