Indian eves defeat Malaysia to lift Kabaddi World Cup title
Ludhiana: Indian women Kabaddi team defeated Malaysia to win the one-sided final of the World Cup Kabaddi played here on Saturday.
The India women`s team emerged victorious crushing Malaysian team by a margin of 72-12 points.
At the end of 1st half, the Indian team was leading with the difference 42-6 points.
Raiders of Indian team Priyanka Devi, Priyanka Pilaniya and Sukhwinder Kaur got 13, 8 and 8 points respectively whereas stopper Jatinder Kaur amd Anu Rani bagged 11 and 10 points respectively.
Malaysia?s raider Manpreet Kaur scored 4 points whereas stopper Rekha got 2 points respectively.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal handed over prize money cheque of Rs 51 lakh to the winning team while the runners-up took home Rs 31 lakh.
The third position holder Danish women Kabbadi team took the prize money of Rs 21 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach