Indian eves defeat Malaysia to lift Kabaddi World Cup title
Ludhiana: Indian women Kabaddi team defeated Malaysia to win the one-sided final of the World Cup Kabaddi played here on Saturday.
The India women`s team emerged victorious crushing Malaysian team by a margin of 72-12 points.
At the end of 1st half, the Indian team was leading with the difference 42-6 points.
Raiders of Indian team Priyanka Devi, Priyanka Pilaniya and Sukhwinder Kaur got 13, 8 and 8 points respectively whereas stopper Jatinder Kaur amd Anu Rani bagged 11 and 10 points respectively.
Malaysia?s raider Manpreet Kaur scored 4 points whereas stopper Rekha got 2 points respectively.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal handed over prize money cheque of Rs 51 lakh to the winning team while the runners-up took home Rs 31 lakh.
The third position holder Danish women Kabbadi team took the prize money of Rs 21 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Bombay HC allows women to enter inner sanctum of Haji Ali Dargah; activists hail 'momentous' verdict
- Pakistan's Sami Aslam reveals why he always recalls these words from Sachin Tendulkar's retirement speech
- Subramanian Swamy fires fresh salvo at Raghuram Rajan, claims he has no degree in economics
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 6GB RAM, 128GB storage likely to be launched today