Indian eves defeat Malaysia to lift Kabaddi World Cup title
Ludhiana: Indian women Kabaddi team defeated Malaysia to win the one-sided final of the World Cup Kabaddi played here on Saturday.
The India women`s team emerged victorious crushing Malaysian team by a margin of 72-12 points.
At the end of 1st half, the Indian team was leading with the difference 42-6 points.
Raiders of Indian team Priyanka Devi, Priyanka Pilaniya and Sukhwinder Kaur got 13, 8 and 8 points respectively whereas stopper Jatinder Kaur amd Anu Rani bagged 11 and 10 points respectively.
Malaysia?s raider Manpreet Kaur scored 4 points whereas stopper Rekha got 2 points respectively.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal handed over prize money cheque of Rs 51 lakh to the winning team while the runners-up took home Rs 31 lakh.
The third position holder Danish women Kabbadi team took the prize money of Rs 21 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report