Indian eves defeat Malaysia to lift Kabaddi World Cup title
Ludhiana: Indian women Kabaddi team defeated Malaysia to win the one-sided final of the World Cup Kabaddi played here on Saturday.
The India women`s team emerged victorious crushing Malaysian team by a margin of 72-12 points.
At the end of 1st half, the Indian team was leading with the difference 42-6 points.
Raiders of Indian team Priyanka Devi, Priyanka Pilaniya and Sukhwinder Kaur got 13, 8 and 8 points respectively whereas stopper Jatinder Kaur amd Anu Rani bagged 11 and 10 points respectively.
Malaysia?s raider Manpreet Kaur scored 4 points whereas stopper Rekha got 2 points respectively.
Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal handed over prize money cheque of Rs 51 lakh to the winning team while the runners-up took home Rs 31 lakh.
The third position holder Danish women Kabbadi team took the prize money of Rs 21 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas